• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Stuffed Pablano peppers....

Well I was at the store yesterday and couldn't resist the big Pablano peppers. I picked up 2. My kids have never had stuffed peppers.

Here is the finished product. We ate the first one so fast I couldn't get a pic.

I will include my list of ingredients later this evening.

Tasted great. This Pablano was over 12 inches long.

Here are the ingredients.

2 - Large Pablano peppers.

First make 2 cups Spanish rice.

Next cut up 1/2 a white onion and sauté it's pieces in coconut oil until golden brown.

Cut up 1 cup deboned cooked chicken.

2 table spoons lime juice.

1 cup cilantro dressing.

2 cups shredded mixed cheese.

Cut tops off of Pablano peppers. Remove seeds and wash inside & out.
Set peppers aside.

Combine all other ingredients in large bowl and mix together.

Once mixed, stuff mixture into peppers. And cook at 350 deg F for 30 min in oven.

I did cook it on silicone mat to keep from burning the bottom of the peppers.

This is how my mom used to make them. Every once in a while she would substitute bell peppers for Pablanos.

could you elaborate more on the cilantro dressing and the Spanish rice. did you make those or are they store bought i have never seen cilantro dressing in store.

judohero said:
could you elaborate more on the cilantro dressing and the Spanish rice. did you make those or are they store bought i have never seen cilantro dressing in store.
Any Spanish rice mix will work. I just made my own with some spices to taste.

The cilantro dressing was from a restaurant called RIO. I asked for an extra cup. It is a creamy cilantro dressing.

This cilantro dressing is very close. It will work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AFYP4U2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1396236886&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

Back