• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Plant Pics and Update

Well as you know I have lost a few of my plants from my 1st planting but the
2nd planting is going better IMO nice an green growing good (at least I think so) heres a couple of
pics so if there is something wrong you all can point it out :lol:

Back Row
Tabasco Naga Morich Bhut Jolokia
Middle R
NuMex Big Jim Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet Fatalii Carribean Red Habanero
Front R Serrano and C.R. Habanero (G/F's Mom wants it yes I told her they are very hot lol)
I also planted my last planting of the year today
Bishops Crown Jalapeno Big Jalapeno Numex Sunflor/Glo mix
Tollies sweet Italian (for G/F) Bolivian Rainbow and Burning Bush
I have 2 7 Pots and 1 Aji Dulce #2 going as well
So hopefully now that I learned from my mistakes all will go well
Thanks again to all who got me started with seeds and all the advice
Tom
1b.jpg

1b1.jpg

All I can say is that when you re-pot have the soil up to the first set of seed leaves. I like the idea of labelling them with a heat reference :)

rainbowberry said:
All I can say is that when you re-pot have the soil up to the first set of seed leaves. I like the idea of labelling them with a heat reference :)

How come? I've never done that or heard of it. Not that its wrong just curious

I do the same thing as rainbowberry, when I plant out into the garden I will plant all of them up to the first set of leaves.

Dale

I've planted a couple up to the second set of leaves. If your pots are deep enough, you can plant all the way up to the heart - those bottom leaves are going to die and fall off anyway.

Mike

I always plant at least 3/4 of the plant. That way they stay nice and short untill they go outside. some times I transplant like 5 times to keep them short and make a great root system.

Thanks again for all the comments and Rainbowberry you once told me to do that in a thread I posted back in April and I do that every time I repot so THANK YOU!!!!:) matter of fact my Naga I used you advice and you can see its doing good!!:)

915river said:
First year I'm growing those wild peppers species C.Galapagoence & Cap 1546

CAP1546CIMG0337-2.jpg

Gee thanks alot 915 for upstaging my thread and pics of my plants thanks alot ya jerk!!!:lol::lol:
Im kidding of course great looking plant ya got there
its my 1st season growing as well yours looks great and healthy
hope you have great success
Tom

rainbowberry said:
I like the idea of labelling them with a heat reference :)

oh and I almost forgot to mention I label them heat wise
so when my g/f looks at them she knows wether or not (hopefully
when they produce) to say "ok put 1 or 2 of those into the chili or stew or stir fry etc etc":)

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Thanks again for all the comments and Rainbowberry you once told me to do that in a thread I posted back in April and I do that every time I repot so THANK YOU!!!!:) matter of fact my Naga I used you advice and you can see its doing good!!:)

I also find it helps grow a good strong stem which is very useful when it gets a bit windy outside.

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
oh and I almost forgot to mention I label them heat wise
so when my g/f looks at them she knows wether or not (hopefully
when they produce) to say "ok put 1 or 2 of those into the chili or stew or stir fry etc etc":)

LOL, so far I've just been picking them off the plant for a bite and deciding that way.

rainbowberry said:
I also find it helps grow a good strong stem which is very useful when it gets a bit windy outside.

LOL, so far I've just been picking them off the plant for a bite and deciding that way.

If I tried that with g/f and did the here try this 1 suprise
taste test she would rip off my......well you get the idea :lol::lol:

Back