• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Need suggestions. Reviving a one year old scorpion pepper with hydroponics. [pictures]

I have a scorpion pepper that is more than 1 year old that I am trying to bring back to life with hydroponics. The pepper has been this small the whole time without any growth. The scorpion pepper was living in ocean forest potting soil for a year and just yesterday I decided to transplant it to hydroponics. I have nothing to lose right? I am looking for recommendations on what I should do. 

These are the nutrients that I am using: 
I have 3 gallons of tap water inside a 5 gallon home depot bucket. I know that tap water is no good but I used it anyways. I am using 15ml/gal of Pure Blend Pro Grow with 5ml/gal of cal-mag plus. I am using Neptune's Harvest Organic Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer as a foliar spray. Should I continue using Neptune's Harvest? 

Also, the PH of the water is 5.8-6.0
xiBSHWO.jpg

Here are some pictures of the pepper plant. It will be growing outside. I have noticed that some of the leaves have curled up and have been falling off after one day of transplant. I believe the leaves were falling off when they were in soil so I'm not sure if it is the stress from transplanting to hydroponics that is causing this.

oGqqZzz.jpg

IxEwXpD.jpg

PYrLK52.jpg

I would also like to mention that about 2 inches of the bottom of the roots is submerged underwater. Is this good or bad?
LBhSkTW.jpg

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

It's alive! Today I saw new leaves forming and the stem is starting to look green instead of it being dry brown.  :dance:
I will post picture tomorrow when the sun is out. 

I'm a bit late on this but I promised to keep you updated on how my plant is doing. It has been 13 days since my scorpion pepper was transplanted from soil to hydroponics. A lot of the initial leaves were falling off because of transplant shock so I decided to cut them all off. The plant is recovering and I now see white roots.

This is the result after 13 days:
GqyYIPM.jpg

I also transplanted a pepper plant called chiltepin to hydroponics on April 12th. It has been 7 days and it has responded very well. Lots of growth in just 7 days.
WilrYV1.jpg

Back