• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Flatbread Throwdown

Vote for how the entire meal came together with the flatbread, not just the best flatbread. Flatbrea

• texas blues - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/46236-begin-flatbread-throwdown/?p=973973&quo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big D - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/46236-begin-flatbread-throwdown/?p=974144"]Hab

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Each contestant had to make a flatbread from scratch and incorporate it into a meal of their choosing.

Vote for how the entire meal came together with the flatbread, not just the best flatbread. Flatbread on its own was not the challenge.

10 awesome flatbread entries!
VOTE!

So many good entries...
Very very undecided between PIC 1 and keybrdkid.
PIC as always shows an impressive skill. I really read his entry as someone that really knows what he's doing and he's not doing easy things. Most creative, original and cool dish. Perfect execution. The best.
But... I'll go for Key in the end. I find myself too often staring at his bacon, i'm an huge fan of spiced bread and tomato slices in a sandwich... And all the rest is where it should be and i can taste it on images.

They all look really good. steak gyro looks awesome.reuben, pic1 can cook that's for sure, but sum's one pic did it.yum. 

That was really difficult... Curry, tacos, Reuben, gyro, etc?? Ballin. I went with sum cause I've been craving Mexican. The next TD I shall be bringing it...

I was a spectator for this one.  Actually, I am just now getting to check it out.  PIC1 Technically perfect as always, Sum is a rockstar, but Mx and his gyro are what really got my juices flowing for this one.  Big D, extry points for naming it a Mancake.

I'm not into bread bowls, gimme that jerk chicken in a roti and I'll all over it!!! Perfect jerk! Nice Jamaican flag color and flavor matching with the tortillas! Probably would have looked better if you didn't swirl them.

I was eyeing that reuben for awhile, that's a clever one, but the cheese didn't melt and I'm never into bottled sauce, especially on a forum like this. You killed those rye pitas on the CI though! Nice! If you would have put caraway seeds it would have really made it!

STILL LOOKING!

Sum's is great... I like my steak cut after it's cooked like that, unlike mx who sliced the skirt then cooked. A little difference there, but both these guys nailed it. Sum's is more hands on like fajitas, mx's is ready to rock and roll on the go.

I was back and forth on those 4. I don't even know if I can vote! Let me ponder.

giphy.gif

On the final reading, mx really KILLED this one. Everything homemade down to the salad dressing and sauce. Perfect pitas. Reading all the ingredients made my mouth water and perfect execution. I want mine wrapped with the pickle spear and salad inside, that spicy tangy dressing sounds awesome! Nice homemade tzatziki to cool the tongue.

WELL DONE!

Impressive entries all around, but I went with Key's. Just got home after an intense workout, wanting to slam food into my face…. Key's totally had the slam factor for me. Nice color, seasoned bread, bacon…. scarfalicious!

edit- ;)  thanks, Boss!

Damn this is a hard one to vote on! Everyones version is great  :clap:

I am in this weird state of Chipotle love atm and keybrdkid - Chipotle BLT did it for me 

This was a tough one for me. Everyone had something unique to offer. MX almost had my vote. His gyro was great, but in the end, I think Sum is the winner of this one, my craving for excellent Mexican outweighed my craving for Greek.

Looks like a few favorites have jumped ahead. Still anyone's game!

Keep voting!

Make the poll move peoplllllle!

It's a close race to the finish..........Essegi's dish caught me right off the bat....Not that it was the 1st one...but the closeups of the ingredients and the final workmanship. I know he's the dough king here and  he could make that with a glass of Grappa in one hand.
But my vote won't do any justice for him....great job Essegi.
Another shout goes to the new entrie Big D, checked out your profile and see you're 24......kudos to you for jumping into this. Also, there's probably some Sicilian pizza joints in NY that make a similar looking pie..
TB got me starring at the platter of "Hippy Halapeno"...lol.....looking medallion peace sign cut peppers........and I also thought the pickled tepins were a nice touch. At first I thought those were large Capers............ :P
My vote cam down to 2 dishes.......the Steak Gyro and the Sum's surf and turf........tough cause I like the look of both......mx would have got my vote earlier if he'd usedf Lamb, but after rereading ...and he did show some part of making the flatbread.....my vote goes to.....
Cheers out to all...........still eating flatbread here.............can't get fat on that

I was looking at lunchtime when I was starving...It was between the gyro and BLT.  

BACON wins this round.

Let's get more Votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back