saying hello from Brooklyn

Yo,
How's it going?  I'm Robert, aka Don Roberto from Brooklyn Bayou and Bad Mother Shucker,  my two Brooklyn pop up restaurants.  I'm starting my first hot sauce run this week!  I've been making it for awhile but we have always just served in in a ramekin for folks.  I'm going to start bottling it now since I've had a lot of requests to do so.

My sauce is called Don Roberto's Diablo Sauce and is a ghost pepper based sauce.  It's sweet and has strong garlic notes with lots of heat on the back end.  I started making this sauce while playing around in the kitchen at a place I worked called Egg, in williamsburg Brooklyn.

I joined the site to learn about the business side of packaged goods and some hints and tips on bottling/labeling so I don't over spend.  I want to start with a minimal budget, making about 10 cases of sauce per run to start.  I'm using a woozy bottle, plastic cap and sealing with red wax.  I'm debating on whether to funnel or use a bucket with a spigot until i can afford a handy filler.  my sauce is a very thick sauce, almost like a salsa.  I'll attach a copy of my label too.  I'd love some constructive criticism.

http://imgur.com/xFZMcLM

welcome from Slovenia

modest looking label (but funny because of the warnings :) )  ... maybe adding some colors from "diablo's" pallette ...well, I bet the sauce itself ads a lot of color

Thanks!  I'm aiming for a high end market.  My idea with the bottle was to have a "vintage" feel like an old elixir bottle.  I also wanted the attention to be on the wax seal cap.  the top will be stamped with a fleur de lis.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Welcome3.gif

Back