• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Good indoor ~70-72deg, 50k-500k SHU pepper cultivar?

I currently have one pepper growing indoors at my apartment, and I don't have any land to plant in this year, so I'm limited to what I can fit in my tiny apartment, but I am thinking about growing another pepper plant. I'm currently growing a hab and some herbs (fresh pesto is amazing). The problem is that the only space I have is in my bedroom, so my growing options are very limited.

I'm thinking about finding some aji amarillo pineapple seeds, but I wanted to get your opinions and see if anyone has any experience with a good pepper that does fairly well in a 70 degree environment. I cannot manipulate the environment very much since I am limited to growing in my bedroom, pitiful I know.

I would love to hear ideas, options, experiences or just about anything else

At 70 most pepper plants will acclimate and produce somewhat. That being said, Rocotto will thrive at that range of temptature. It is a pepper plant that enjoys higher altitude and lower temp ranges. It can get huge, so limit the size of planting pot you use.

I hope this helps. Others that know much more then me may chime in and help you more.

Sure, baccatums in general would be fine under those conditions. Aji lemon drop, Aji pineapple, Brigits Locoto, Aji colorado, Aji omnicolour and numerous others. Aji omnicolour is a good one, as you get lots of different coloured pods on the plant at the same time. 

C.annuums would also work, such as Urfa biber, Syrian Aleppo or one of dozens of types. 

C.pubescens (Manzano, Rocoto, Locoto) like the conditions, but the plants get to be very large and much bigger across than tall. You can limit the growth by using a smaller pot, but they won`t produce very well. They also take a very long time to ripen.

A good place to get plants includes, in no special order,

www.ChilePlants.com
www.fordsfieryfoodsandplants.com
http://www.refiningfirechiles.com

Back