• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Planted my green tomatillos today...

I sprouted seed in a bowl or RO water about 5 days ago. Today I just put 16 seeds in potting soil and containers.

Went to a friends house for a family dinner. We had green tomatillo salsa with jalapeños in it. It was a delicious green salsa.

I came home and took my seeds out of water and planted them. I could not find any seeds locally. I got these in Yuma Az at Tractor Supply. I also have 2 other varieties I will sprout here in the next week.

Pictures to come.

Jem936 said:
I cant wait to see the pictures!
I was lucky to find the green variety seeds. I know I can go to the store and get them as fresh, but these are a known variety in a seed pack. I also found 2 other varieties of tomatillos at my local hydro shop. The seeds were expired, past sell by date. Got them at a good price.

Your are looking good too.

Hmm . . . we'll need full taste-test reports, eventually, please.  The yellers are intriguing.  (Imagine yellow tomatillo with say, ají amarillo!)

Here are the green seedlings. They love the LED light.

cce11759d7488a454e6b8b930f2d9284_zps846b0c63.jpg

c530ddf695730b539e5eb577ca04c747_zps9f9dc358.jpg

Yellow salsa. Let me think about that....mmmmmmm....

:fireball:  YES!  :fireball:

I am just too lazy to grow green tomatillos since I can get them at the grocery and I don't use them very often. If I had more grow space I would probably plant some, but I barely have enough room for my peppers.

Here are my tomatillos. They had wilted today from the heat & low humidity. Watered them about 2 hours ago.

FAED569F-69CB-426F-AF44-29B20734EA04_zpsps1zcgcv.jpg

Back