wanted Looking for Habanero 'n Honey Hot Sauce Makers

If you make a hot sauce product with these as your main ingredients, I have a proposal I want to offer you. If interested, please get back in touch with me via my email address: albuddah@yahoo.com.

I all ready know about Zane n Zack's and Bee Sting. Thanks.

warscout2 said:
i just found a great sauce from Ribber city

www.ribbercity.com

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is pure honey and I am looking for a hot sauce made with habs and honey. Ribber City does make some real good bbq sauce. I tried them at the Fiery Food Show in Albuddahquerque this past March.

Omri said:
Found this online, and I remember several more.
http://www.habaneropunch.com/habaneropunch.html

Thanks, I will keep them in mind. I have to make sure this isn't the same hot sauce at the FFS that had the word "Punch" in the name because that was an extract sauce and told people it wasn't. This caused a big stir amongst many people at the show because they could've hurt some innocent people with that product. From the description it doesn't appear to be the same, just want to make sure.

Buddah said:
Thanks, I will keep them in mind. I have to make sure this isn't the same hot sauce at the FFS that had the word "Punch" in the name because that was an extract sauce and told people it wasn't. This caused a big stir amongst many people at the show because they could've hurt some innocent people with that product. From the description it doesn't appear to be the same, just want to make sure.
That's the one, just the "extract-free" version.

Omri said:
That's the one, just the "extract-free" version.

Yeah, thought so. I will keep them in mind for the milder version. ChileheadEd told me how he was deceived that it wasn't an extract and it was, so I am a little putoff by that.

No luck so far. I have contacted a few companies, but little to go on. The maker must make a habanero and honey hot sauce, but it can't be bbq or straight honey. Too many of those. I have done some solid searches and if someone steps up, you will definitely get some quality spotlight for your efforts. I wish I could say more, but out of respect for Hot Pepper, I can only be vague.

So if you are a maker trying to get your product some recognition please email me @ albuddah@yahoo.com for more info. Thanks!

woody said:
Buddah,
we have a Tropical fire sauce with habs/bonnets and honey, also pineapples.:)

I will say this Woody, you have a lot of interesting products. I don't think the sauce is what I am looking for though. I do love pineapple so I bet it kicks butt. The mustard also looks like something right up my alley. Thanks!

Buddah said:
Yeah, thought so. I will keep them in mind for the milder version. ChileheadEd told me how he was deceived that it wasn't an extract and it was, so I am a little putoff by that.

Buddah said:

I want to apologize for misconstruing a statement made by a fellow Chilehead friend about the Habanero Punch TKO product. After speaking to him, I realized he tried the product and didn't realize what he had just tried until it was too late. The signs at their booth I was told were clear as to the award for the Hottest Sauce at the Houston Show so it was "taster beware". The makers behind the Habanero Punch TKO product won the People's Choice Award and that achievement should not be taken for granted as I did with my previous statements. So I want to apologize to them and their fine fiery food product. Sorry folks for misrepresenting your product in a forum where it could've hurt the most. I feel bad about that.

Eternally,
Al aka Buddah

Buddah I'm glad you brought this thread back up. I wanted to tell you of a sauce I had that I think hits what you were looking for, it's called Bee Sting. I don't remember who makes it, but I have seen it many time so you should be able to google it. On another note, I have had both versions of the Habanero Punch. I really like the flavor of the non extract one, but the extract overpowers the other one to the point that you really can't tast much else. I don't hate extract sauces as some do, but this one it's pretty overpowering on the flavor.

JayT said:
Buddah I'm glad you brought this thread back up. I wanted to tell you of a sauce I had that I think hits what you were looking for, it's called Bee Sting. I don't remember who makes it, but I have seen it many time so you should be able to google it. On another note, I have had both versions of the Habanero Punch. I really like the flavor of the non extract one, but the extract overpowers the other one to the point that you really can't tast much else. I don't hate extract sauces as some do, but this one it's pretty overpowering on the flavor.

Thanks Jay, I have all ready made positive contact with Bee Sting, and they are in for what I wanted to do. :D

Hey buddah,a question but why not make it yourself or did I miss a thread somewhere?I`ve been making it for yrs and had it last night actually.

hixs said:
Hey buddah,a question but why not make it yourself or did I miss a thread somewhere?I`ve been making it for yrs and had it last night actually.

I do a special review for TTF and I needed a specific product (habanero and honey) to go to battle with. It was about helping a company get exposure through a review than about making my own. I really didn't want to give away too much because THP is looking to do their own reviews, and out of respect I didn't mention the review until now. I have 2 companies now that make a hot sauce using habaneros and honey as their main ingredients and the battle will begin soon. :P

Back