• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What nutrient to use?

Should i use the same as they use in tomtao plants 10-5-13, i also have a 7-1-5. Its for 6 weeks old plants, I have topped some of the plants and prun some of them. All of the Malawi Birds Eye got purple leafs, some other are starting to get yellow/light green leafs. I gave them a litle of the tomato plant nutrient (10-5-13) and the one with yellow leaf seems to be better. The soil dont have much nutrient in it, its for cactus and i have used perlite and vermiculite (about 4/6 soil, 1/6 perlite and 1/6 vermiculite)

Those are great nutrients to help your plant grow nice and bushy/lush, but when it comes time for pepper production I would suggest boosting the P and K values as well as pumping in the Mg and Ca.  Also... you should start a worm farm.  Worm castings from properly fed farms are simply the best nutrient source IMO.

Reactions: Tex
Noah Yates said:
Those are great nutrients to help your plant grow nice and bushy/lush, but when it comes time for pepper production I would suggest boosting the P and K values as well as pumping in the Mg and Ca.  Also... you should start a worm farm.  Worm castings from properly fed farms are simply the best nutrient source IMO.
With enough ewc you won't need to waste your money on cal-mag nutrients.

Back