• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I take on a 7 Pot Douglah w/ Ted Barrus "The Fire Breathing Idiot!"

Did anyone tell you lately that you're nuts?  Well, if not.....

You're Nuts!

Great video there.  I must say that you handled that extremely well.  I have never had, or even seen a superhot pod.  This is a first year growing them, or any, peppers, and got a bunch growing.  Only problem is that I will have to wait until this fall to get to taste any of them.

Growing the 7 Pot Douglah this year, I wouldnt dare eat a whole one fresh or dried for that matter.  The douglah has such a vicious burn anyhow, just ouch! 

Big Red, how was the flavor? I have heard they taste horrible.

jojo said:
I'm growing chocolate bhutlah, I'd like for you to eat in a video...  PM me if interested.

I have heard they aren't stable yet, but are there any reliable information on scoville ranges? Are they really hotter than reapers and morugas? How about flavor?

TrueNorthReptiles said:
Big Red, how was the flavor? I have heard they taste horrible.

I have heard they aren't stable yet, but are there any reliable information on scoville ranges? Are they really hotter than reapers and morugas? How about flavor?
Bhutlah's are the hottest pepper in the world... Reapers are the hottest pepper sold to the public. Once the bhutlah is stabilized, it will take place of the Reaper. I myself have never tried one and am only eating a quarter if anything. Flavor-wise... I can't say. All reviewers said it tasted like pain lol 

BigRed12315 said:
Bhutlah's are the hottest pepper in the world... Reapers are the hottest pepper sold to the public. Once the bhutlah is stabilized, it will take place of the Reaper. I myself have never tried one and am only eating a quarter if anything. Flavor-wise... I can't say. All reviewers said it tasted like pain lol 

I meant the doughlah you ate. How was the flavor? I've never had any 7 pot variety.

Any word on how much hotter the Bhutlahs are versus the Reapers? You're a smart man only wanting to taking a nibble, unlike the crazy people that eat two whole pods for the challenge. Screw that!

Back