• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rate my plants?

Hello all, Just wanted to make a post here, not really sure where I should have post this so Im putting it here. Anyway how do these plants look? I dont seem to be having any issues other than a lot of flowers falling off my habanero plant. I do have a few peppers coming and I cant wait. Let me know what you think, thanks.

13967684591_098b18ac4e_z.jpg

This is my tent setup with most of my plants. Ornamental in the front, lemon drop back right and habanero back left.

13970861685_fcac3f35f9_c.jpg

Habanero growing :D, cant wait to try this!

13970874525_ae99f5dbae.jpg

This one is a brain strain in my homemade aeroponics system. It has a reservoir for the water to fall back into so the roots dont sit in water. The leaves on this are a bit crinkled, not sure why but other than that this thing is growing like crazy. Im only using 1/4 strength nutes at this point and seems to be doing just fine. Nutes are Flora grow and micro. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

13967670601_b62d57cbbd.jpg
This is what it used to look like. Thanks for looking.

Plants look great.  Keep doing what you are doing.  I wouldn't worry to much about the crinkly leaves on the BS.  They aren't badly crinkled so I wouldn't suspect lack of calcium.  As I said, just keep doing what you are doing.  They look happy!

How old are they?  Are those cfls you're using over the big ones?

They all look good.  I might check the root ball on the one in the small brown pot to see if it is getting root bound.  Hard to tell from a photo.

Thanks for the feedback! 

For lights I am using an 8 bulb T5 hydrofarm designer series fixture which is in the tent. I have 1 33w cfl and a 4 bulb T5 for my brain strain. Iv never tried a brain strain pepper before so im really excited for this one. The one in the small brown pot probably is root bound but I dont have much more space for lager plants so Im just trying to keep it alive at this point.
Im here in WI and I accidently left the window open and it got 61F. Hopefully it doesnt affect them any. 

I have been getting a lot of flower drops from the habanero but it does have about 5 or 6 peppers going at this point and time. Anything I can do to remedy that?

They are about 6 months maybe a little older. 

Just today I trimmed the aji lemon down because I was constantly raising my lights. Everything in the tent is miracle grow soil. 

Nice plants man. I really like your brainstrain though. I'm planning on doing a high pressure aeroponic system this season with a brainstrain as well. Anyway, keep up the great work and hope your flower drops get fixed soon.

Looking really healthy!  Where in WI are you at?  I was born and raised in Kenosha WI.  Just made my way down south,  and glad I did!

mtski said:
Thanks for the feedback! 

For lights I am using an 8 bulb T5 hydrofarm designer series fixture which is in the tent. I have 1 33w cfl and a 4 bulb T5 for my brain strain. Iv never tried a brain strain pepper before so im really excited for this one. The one in the small brown pot probably is root bound but I dont have much more space for lager plants so Im just trying to keep it alive at this point.
Im here in WI and I accidently left the window open and it got 61F. Hopefully it doesnt affect them any. 

I have been getting a lot of flower drops from the habanero but it does have about 5 or 6 peppers going at this point and time. Anything I can do to remedy that?

They are about 6 months maybe a little older. 

Just today I trimmed the aji lemon down because I was constantly raising my lights. Everything in the tent is miracle grow soil. 

Flower drop - lack of pollination or overabundance of nitrogen perhaps? New to all this so those are just uneducated guess' :D

Miracle grow ie. time release ferts?

Nice looking aero set up :)

xxkamikazexx said:
Nice plants man. I really like your brainstrain though. I'm planning on doing a high pressure aeroponic system this season with a brainstrain as well. Anyway, keep up the great work and hope your flower drops get fixed soon.

Thanks, yeah the plant in the aeroponics seems to be growing the best.The leaves on this thing are monsters. The brain strain is a bit younger than the others but the leaves are the most impressive.

Jamison said:
Looking really healthy!  Where in WI are you at?  I was born and raised in Kenosha WI.  Just made my way down south,  and glad I did!

Here in Lake Geneva. So I do know Kenosha lol. Im looking to move to FL one of these days here. Especially after this last winter. 

mtski said:

Thanks, yeah the plant in the aeroponics seems to be growing the best.The leaves on this thing are monsters. The brain strain is a bit younger than the others but the leaves are the most impressive.

Here in Lake Geneva. So I do know Kenosha lol. Im looking to move to FL one of these days here. Especially after this last winter. 
Ok good ol Geneva.  I was just in Delavan for 2 weeks by my Dad's house,  if I would have known you were in Geneva,  could have had a few beers while I was in town.  Next time!

Jamison said:
Ok good ol Geneva.  I was just in Delavan for 2 weeks by my Dad's house,  if I would have known you were in Geneva,  could have had a few beers while I was in town.  Next time!

Yeah! for sure man let me know when you come around next. 

So the crinkling on the large leaves of my aero plant seems to be getting worse, do you think this could be underfeeding? I have only been using 1/4 strength nutes but there is 5 gallons in there. I also found a dead leaf on the underside of the plant that looked practically rotted out. None of the other leaves look that way though. Its been in 1/4 strength nutes for probably a month now. Should up it to 1/2 strength you think? 

That amount of crinkling is healthy for the variety. 
Up-curled edges on leaves indicates too much nutrient I've heard.
What is in your feed for Calcium/Magnesium?

Im using tap water with just the flora grow and micro (hard water).

I have tons of experience with nute burn already lol, but what happens when they dont have enough nutrients? 

Also, how long can I get away with using 1/4 strength nutes?

Thanks for the positive feedback though it definitely helps cut the anxiety lol.

Back