• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is it too late??

Hello guys,

Well, My yellow 7POD is died and I really want to try growing it again, but I dont know if its too late,

The summer here in Israel is till Mid October, so at the best, I have 5 months, is it enough time to get pods from seeds?

Thanks!

That would be cutting it awfully close.  I wouldn't expect nothing but a few pods.  Maybe if you grew it out hydroponically you'd have a good chance.

2-4 weeks germinate
4-8 weeks as a small plant
4-8 weeks till mature producing peppers.

Best case you got like 70 days
Worst case you got like 140 days

*not official scientific measures just guessing*

If you're growing it in a container, and have room for lights indoors, go for it. You can bring it in the fall and overwinter it.

I planted a couple peppers and a bunch of tomatoes a few days ago and going to plant one more pepper tomorrow. Going to grow them in a tent till the 2nd week of may with 24hrs of light. Hoping for the best.

In Israel, you have summer until mid October...  Probably still have warm weather the rest of the year, maybe til December/January?  I'd say you have great climate there.  Give it another go

We have a very short growing season here, and I grow my chiles in pots because of that. When the temps start getting too cold, I bring them inside the house. They get a fan, extra light, and continued feeding until they stop producing. I doubt I'd have some ripe pods, such as the rocotos, if I didn't do this. So no, it's never too late, you just have to plan accordingly.

I would say go for it again! From what I read Isreal is in 11a to 11b USDA hardiness zones, so it has a minimum temp of 40* F at it's lowest points and that is in January to February, so you should be fine to restart some seedlings.

It's not too late - I started seeds in June last year and got some yield! Though I would probably try faster growing chillies personally now

Back