• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My oyster mushroom cultivation.

In last August, I managed oyster mushroom mycelia. Then I inoculated mycelia poplar logs recently cut from a tree alive and healthy. 

In October put the logs inoculated in the cradle of culture.

2013-10-20%252021.28.49.jpg

2013-10-20%252021.28.38.jpg

2013-10-20%252023.11.44.jpg

2013-10-20%252023.12.03.jpg

2013-10-20%252023.16.54.jpg

I Make a structure  to protect from sunlight. Trunks were buried in sand halfway

2013-10-21%252017.51.37.jpg

A few days ago, although very late, appear the first fruits of my mushroom cultivation.

2014-04-26%252014.32.25.jpg

2014-04-26%252014.32.28.jpg

A few days ago, although very late, appear the first fruits of my mushroom cultivation. 

All logs are mushroom. Having many lbs in the coming weeks.

ahhhhhhhh, so neat.

dumb question, taste? ive heard them described as more buttery, than oystery. or maby that was a different strain.

big kudos on that haul.

Very cool, be sure to keep us updated with pics :)

I've been interested in log innoculation ever since I moulded a pile of casings (contaminated substrate, ie. lack of a pressure cooker) and would love to see the results, although it already looks pretty damn successful.

Nice.

Mine get propagated in straw, though the wife likes to grow hers in cardboard.

Tried the coffee grounds in mason jars thing.
Not much sucess, but thats where I always grow the mycelium for the next production attempt.

Easier to see if any contamination has occured prior to innoculation.

Mycelia were made ​​in the laboratory of the Institute of Agricultural Technology (INTA in Argentina). 
Friend to be a teacher there and has access to the center of research laboratories.

Old man its my Friend in the video, and who gave a quick course on how to inoculate. This my fisrt experience with mushrooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ERr6eCUw4

very cool.

wonder if you could innoculate a tree stump with some wood loving fungi, and wrap it in a similar fashion.  you know, to like, rot away a tree stump?
stupid idea im guessing.

I have no idea. There are many videos on Youtube about different ways to grow and inoculation.

So does my teacher and in the same way I will from now on as it is successful. Although other methods...

Watched a documentary last night... while waiting for my usual dose of melatonin to kick in. made me think of this thread.

BBC The Magic of Mushrooms

Look it up, came out like a week ago? its worth your time. (hint: try a torrent site...)

Not super serious or anything, but somewhat whimsical/fanciful with respect to mushrooms and fungi.

sweet, we're trying shiitakes this year.  It's not really my project but maybe I can show off some results after a while.  How long until you see the mushrooms themselves?

4-6 months. Ocasionally in 2 months, but a little amount. be greater harvest at 6 months and for two years crops. 
Here in south latitude, small harvest in October / November, Great Harvest February / May

Love them.
Best use--- sauteed in butter and slapped on a rib eye steak.
IMHO of course.

Got a couple nice clusters off my straw brick, then started seing mold.
Buried in some leaves in the back yard and see if anything comes of it.

Cleaned out my grow chamber and wait a couple months till the weather cools off a bit for another batch.

They don't like to get hot.

Coincidentally, after harvest them, I've sauteed in butter and wrapped it in plastic wrap. surely accompany morning in a T-Bone steak. 

You are a seer??

Back