• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Nutes line-up

ColdSmoke

Extreme Member
Thanks to the fine folks here and others. LGHT is the man; I met him on an other forum and he really knows his stuff. He understands this horticulture at level that will never touch. Thanks to him and others like him for doing the work so dummies like me can make decisions about the nutrients I need to make my peppers glorious. Here is a caption of my line-up. I use a potting mix comprised of fir mulch, sand, mushroom compost and pumice. I get if for $20 per half cubic yard. In addition to that and the nutes I plan on using AACT. I'm confident that it will be a huge success. Keeping in mind that less is more and that peppers don't like wet feet.

Thanks again fellas!

LOL. I must not be able post pics yet.

So what I did was buy the general organics go box plus the Alaska fish fert. Also a product called Tappin'Roots recommended to me by a hydroponic shop owner here in town. I'm excited to say the least. Last year I had nice production and I just used store bought potting soil with some fish emulsion and Epsom salt. I'm sure this year will be much better!

198141d1399564293-hot-sauce-forum-imageuploadedbyhome-brew1399564284.835118.jpg

It's a good start, and everyone started somewhere. I would be interested to hear how the fir mulch works out as a peat replacement.

Bio-root gets a point for interesting smell :P

Ingredient list if you're curious.

Proud Marine Dad said:
You could save a lot of money by using organic soil with amendments already in it. Just a thought. ;)
The soil I'm getting is organic and all that stuff cost less than $40. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I do have a worm farm but it won't be producing usable compost until later in the season.

I'm clearly out of my league on some of this stuff. I guess the point is that I don't want to have to be a botanist to grow peppers; I simply don't have the time. We'll see how everything goes and I'll lean on some of you guys as I troubleshoot any issues. Thanks again, all!

Back