• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic hydroponic nutrient formulas / mixing

I'm trying to put together some lists of common Hydroponic nutrients, PPM, pH so I can make a reference for growing specific pepper varieties.
with certain formulations of common nutrients, (GH flora series, Jungle Juice, 1-2 part formulas of different varieties)

Everyone seems to have an opinion when it comes to the "needs" of their pepper plants, but no real reference exists that I can find for optimum results.

Some don't know the difference, they are just following the bottle (which are usually stated for "other" types of growing)

I want to document some case studies from cotyledon  "seed leaf"  to fruit, and number of days / formula for success.
I can only test so many varieties at once, and because of hybrid's it will make the list larger overall.

I'm just looking to find out if anyone has documented their grow/ days/ light amount that could be put into the table I'm building.

all this information will be free for reference.

for example I'm using a Jungle Juice formula now that seems great on my hot peppers, but maybe not enough Nitrogen for my sweet peppers,
because they are a faster growing variety.

any questions shoot them out here for everyone to see, or message me. I want to build a reference for hydroponic peppers.

you can search the Glogs forum for hydro. Most of them take pics, know what solution they are using (although maybe doesn't stay constant), etc.

See my blog i take pics weekly and state mixes.

Currently using the MAXI series with 1 tsp/G = 1200 ppm incl the water which is 150 ppm of BLOOM for my bhut podder.

1\2 tsp/G = 600-700 ppm of GROW for my seedlings.

I have a DWC setup growing next to soil, all from the same seed set and sprouted on the same date.

I use GH flora series with cal/mag and silicone suppliments, very simple. I have been documenting for a few months now, if you're interested, visit http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45694-mrgrowguys-2014-dwc-hydro-and-soil-comparison/
One of the earlier pictures has a bunch of white arrows in it which describe the growing methods. Some were put under a 125watt light right after germination, while the others were grown in the windowsill until they were big enough to be up-potted and placed outside with the rest. All were transferred outside within the same week, so they have all been in relatively similar situations to each other. The main difference being that half of the soil plants were grown in the window, everything else [other half of the soil and the dwc grow] was grown under the 125watt fluoro.

I think page 2 or 3 I go into detail about my mix.
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/mrgrowguy/Ultra%20Peppers/11%20DWC%20moved%20to%20outside/IMG_8053_zps51bf7a3f.jpg

IMG_8053_zps51bf7a3f.jpg

pH 5.8
ppm 700-1200 (I try to keep it at 900)

I've got a glog going as well. Been using GH Flora series and a modified version of GREATFULH3AD's formula for the most part. I had to start the nutes low, around 150ppm, then bump them up to 500ppm for most of the early growth period. I've just recently upped the nutes to 700ppm to feed the needs of larger plants in flower. I keep the pH pegged at 5.8.

I have a few other items that use. The nutes and formulas are in my glog.

Neil

A quick tip for PH'ing your make up/res water faster.

Weigh it!!!...for me it takes 13 grains to get my 7.8 RO water down to 6.0...gets it close enough first time every time :D

IMG_20140514_184140_248.jpg

An old thread but great topic!

Im using Jungle Juice 3 part with aeroponics and started with 32 ml / gal, then at 4 weeks I switched to Micro and bloom only at 64 ml / gal.
Every 4 weeks I do add 8 ml / gal CalMag and I add 32ml / gal of Growth ( nitrogen).
PH is 5.7
Almost all supers (reapers, bhuts, scorpions) with a scotch bonnet and white hab.

Plants are doing great this year with this mix.

Back