• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Damaged Seedling Rescue!!!!!!!!

So I made a bad judgement call, and against the recommendation of a random online site (can't remember which), I made an attempt to start a habanero from seed outdoors under the Texas sun, considering this odd cooler weather we have had.  Unfortunately, the sun won, and singed the seed leaves of my baby orange Hab.  I have since moved it under flourescent lights, 2" away, verified temp using temp gun as ~80*, and I want to make sure there is nothing else I can do to help the little guy recover into a great plant... Advice?

Also, FYI, the perlite on top is to help keep pests out, I put a thin layer on top to try to help prevent it from falling prey to a fungus gnat infestation that attacked my Golden Pothos recently... havent seen any of the little buggers yet though, so heres to fingers crossed!!!
8NQQwzH.jpg

Agree - sometimes the little buggers are astoundingly resilient. 

About the fungus gnats - they usually follow a bout of overwatering. Chiles like moist but not wet. Keeping a fan going on the plants will help.

Back