• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Dried Scotch Bonnets Hmm what to do?

I have a number of Scotch Bonnets from last year that I dried instead of freezing or fermenting.  Trying to think of something I can do with them.  I don't want to rehydrate and make a jerk sauce.  I'm not opposed to using them with making some other sauce.  Another idea would be some sort of rub (again I'm not looking a variations of jerk).  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Grind them up, then put the powder/flakes on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  It is delicious.

Another one you could try if you turn them to powder is to take some salmon [or any other fish really], sprinkle the powder on it, and then swab some honey or agave nectar on it.  Then bake or grill it.

westin said:
Grind them up, then put the powder/flakes on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  It is delicious.

Another one you could try if you turn them to powder is to take some salmon [or any other fish really], sprinkle the powder on it, and then swab some honey or agave nectar on it.  Then bake or grill it.
That sounds like an excellent idea on grilled fish. I will give this a try next time I BBQ. I always keep a bottle of honey and agave in my pantry.

SavinaRed said:
That sounds like an excellent idea on grilled fish. I will give this a try next time I BBQ. I always keep a bottle of honey and agave in my pantry.

It is a delicious blend of sweet, hot, and savory.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  :)

Grind into powder. What's the question?

I buy Scotch Bonnet powder 10.oz at a time and use it like BP... An ingredient or topper for everything.

Scoville DeVille said:
Grind into powder. What's the question?

I buy Scotch Bonnet powder 10.oz at a time and use it like BP... An ingredient or topper for everything.
I should get my 10oz bottle today !!!

Back