• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Christopher Phillips + Ed Currie = ???

I found this recent announcement on Facebook ( Puckerbutt's site.) 

Looks like something to keep an eye on.        *Not my endorsement LOL

From Puckerbutt's Facebook page:

Christopher Phillips + Ed Currie

"Are you tired of seeing posts about peppers that you you can buy at your local Mid-East or Asian market?. Tired of endless posts about this is the true one or that is the true one? Well so are we! LOL!!! Chris Philips and Ed Currie are pleased to announce to the Pepper Community and the World that The PuckerButt Pepper Company will be growing out some of the RAREST strains and cultivars in the world and making them available to you starting Fall of 2014. Chris and Ed together have been collecting seeds for over a half a century, and Chris has picked the first 250 or so of his collection to release. We have isolated all of these plants in the secret PuckerButt farms 3, 4, and 6. We are also doing field trial on all of these plants under the steaming Carolina sun. All Summer long we will be posting a description and picture of each variety and they will all go up on the World Seeds by CP page on the PuckerButt website, the PuckerButt Facebook site, and Chiligrowers ( Facebook and Website). If any of the pages today would like us to continue to post them, please inform Ed or Chris, we do not want to spam your pages with duplicated info unnecessarily. We look forward to providing you with the rarest, most sought after seeds, with quality service and a 100 % guarantee **. We both thank you for your time and for sharing our passion!"

Just anohter "Ed Currie" world domination plot....this weeks flavor.....i guess you would have to be in the business to find it funny :) Hear the things ive heard, had the conversations with Ed that ive had.....then i guess one might be able to understand what i meant :)

Dale Jr

BakersPeppers said:
Just anohter "Ed Currie" world domination plot....this weeks flavor.....i guess you would have to be in the business to find it funny :) Hear the things ive heard, had the conversations with Ed that ive had.....then i guess one might be able to understand what i meant :)

Dale Jr

Yes, we know about these type of issues.    And more with Baker's .   Please leave the drama out of this thread. 

Given the immense seed stock of Chris and their skills, should be interesting (as long as they not try to patent landraces LOL).

Best of luck to both!

Datil

Datil said:
Given the immense seed stock of Chris and their skills, should be interesting (as long as they not try to patent landraces LOL).

Best of luck to both!

Datil

One cannot "patent" a plant unless it is GMO.  You can apply for Plant Breeder's Rights (exclusivity for three years) but you have to show how your creation is different to anything else.  So not possible to PBR a landrace.

Great work Ed and Chris.... very nice project, the chili community needs some of this serious work to shake off few slimy salesmen 

if it was not for Chris, john fielder,  our lovely Trinidadian SR, and many other dedicated chiliheads, the pepper community would never know anything about superhots, wilds, native peppers.

i will support this project and donate seeds for free, 

millworkman said:
I have seen just some of what Chris has to offer and I say kudos to these guys.
true Noah it goes back as far as i can remember, 8 years or more, for me, if it was not for Chris, i would not have any of the Trinidadian collections, or even the whole site. i respect this man very much,
oh and he is not into this for money, i know the guy very well. he is very passionate about collection, documenting, and sharing peppers. 

go Chris&Ed

Nicely said, Judy! Sounds like a great plan to me.

I bet Chris could supply Ed with seeds for 250 varieties for 20 years and Ed would never grow the same variety more than one year!

Hi everyone.  I do want to chime in here.  :)  No Dale, this has NOTHING to do with world domination whatsoever. Those comments are easy to say when you don't know the facts behind the scenes.   In fact, this was something I was not even open to considering until recently.  I have struggled with some personal issues for several years which I prefer not to go into in detail on the forum. People who know me have some idea.  I had a very good career prior to this stuff happening and couldn't do it no longer.    It's not about greed in any way.  it's about trying to support my family and doing something I have the ability and passion to do.  I have known Ed Currie for sometime now and he has been a good friend and I respect what he has been able to do.  He made me a very fair offer which I appreciate very much. 

As most know, I have given away seeds and lots of pepper stuff for a long, long, long time.  If I was about the $$$$, I wouldn't have done that.  This has always been a hobby for me and one I truly love.  In reality, it's a hobby I have dedicated serious time/effort into.  What goes on behind the scenes time wise and effort to acquire varieties, document and grow them out can be overwhelming at times. 

The ability to do something you love (growing peppers, photography, etc.) is a real bonus. I'm excited about it for sure!!

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Hi everyone.  I do want to chime in here.  :)  No Dale, this has NOTHING to do with world domination whatsoever. Those comments are easy to say when you don't know the facts behind the scenes.   In fact, this was something I was not even open to considering until recently.  I have struggled with some personal issues for several years which I prefer not to go into in detail on the forum. People who know me have some idea.  I had a very good career prior to this stuff happening and couldn't do it no longer.    It's not about greed in any way.  it's about trying to support my family and doing something I have the ability and passion to do.  I have known Ed Currie for sometime now and he has been a good friend and I respect what he has been able to do.  He made me a very fair offer which I appreciate very much. 

As most know, I have given away seeds and lots of pepper stuff for a long, long, long time.  If I was about the $$$$, I wouldn't have done that.  This has always been a hobby for me and one I truly love.  In reality, it's a hobby I have dedicated serious time/effort into.  What goes on behind the scenes time wise and effort to acquire varieties, document and grow them out can be overwhelming at times. 

The ability to do something you love (growing peppers, photography, etc.) is a real bonus. I'm excited about it for sure!!

Chris
If you need additional help and my skills can offset overhead just let me know. Best of luck!

Back