campaign Lucky Dog Hot Sauce is Live on Kickstarter!

Good morning THP! 

As some of you already know, I've been working on a Kickstarter campaign for some time now, with the target goal of replacing my run-down 25 year old van. 

Please take a look if you have a moment - I think the rewards are both fair and compelling, including exclusive access to my new Dia del Perro sauce - a med-heat alderwood-smoked taqueria-style verde sauce with green tomatillo, toasted onion & roasted garlic. :woohoo: 

Link: 
http://www.tinyurl.com/diadelperro

Any support, even just a share of the link, is greatly appreciated! :cheers: 

Love & hot sauce
<3

Scott

This is the label for the new sauce - Robin Case knocked it out of the park with the painting & my friend Erik Bucher positively crushed it with the formatting: 

10411786_765581953486887_8384091741973819920_n.jpg

(tightens up a lot at actual label size. :) )

Great looking label for the new sauce, and a great Kickstarter cause!  I'mma gonna check it out~

Thanks Ann!

So far so good - just over 36 hours in and I hit 20% of my goal!

It takes a village though, so the more folks that can share the campaign link on their social networks, the better!

Really appreciate your taking a look and for any support, even if only a share.
:cheers:

Got you covered and good luck!

Thank you cone9! 

Check it out folks - today, 06.09.14 is officially "Day of the Dog"! 

Dia del Perro lives! And it's every bit as good as the prototype - and the prototype rocked! 

Test bottle to test out the calibration on the labeller: 

10325327_769276756450740_8638993483063255135_n.jpg

1st bottle off the line!

10454479_769276773117405_6963814638789248136_n.jpg

Natural light (and man I need to do some yardwork out back!)

10447159_769340063111076_5579236808061656951_n.jpg

Get it here exclusively: http://www.tinyurl.com/diadelperro 

Ps - I just pounded 1/4 bottle on my breakfast burrito - holyfrigginyum! :woohoo: 

Sweet  label Scott!  Next contest - you design a sauce in honor of the winner's dog!

The label looks awesome. Keep up the good work.
There is a good car auction in Vallejo it's called First capital auctions. If you want a good deal you should check it out. Also have you ever though about using a pineapple guava in one of your sauces?

Aaron Sm said:
The label looks awesome. Keep up the good work.
There is a good car auction in Vallejo it's called First capital auctions. If you want a good deal you should check it out. Also have you ever though about using a pineapple guava in one of your sauces?

not guava but a pineapple sauce is in the works if this KS is successful! 

salsalady said:
kicked in!

Thank you Ann! 

Just hit 100 pledges this morning, and 25% :woohoo:  both are extremely cool milestones, but a long way to go! 

I rarely ask people for stuff - usually it's the opposite. But today I'm asking that if y'all can't pledge to the campaign, maybe you could share the link with your social networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, G+, even Instagram.  Every view helps - and if you can afford even $1 to kick in, that would go a long way because one of the metrics KS uses is "popularity" which uses the # of pledges. So 1000x $1 pledge is better than 1x $1000 pledge (uh, but don't let that stop you from pledging $1K. :rofl: )

Thanks everyone! :cheers: 

FYI, I've added several new sauce packages, including a highly collectible opportunity for just $150.  1 is gone, 4 left, I've signed and numbered the 1st case of Dia del Perro off the production line, with the production date, "X/12" and "BATCH 1, CASE 1" - this comes with the signed/numbered bottle, a bottle of DdP just for eatin', and 1 mixed case of the original 6 flavors of LDHS (2 ea) PLUS choice of a t-shirt or golf shirt.

There's also now a single bottle of Dia del Perro option, along with the 2-bottle option.  All t-shirt, tank top & hoodie packages also come with sauce. 

And when compared to retail value + shipping it's all an extremely fair deal! I'm very conscious of reputation - as an existing brand the last thing I want is for people to say "that Lucky Dog is ripping us off with his new sauce!" - far from it. The sauce will retail for $6.99, so consider the 2-bottle package:  2 bottles = $14. Shipping = $8.  This package results in a whopping $2-3 towards my vehicle fund once KS and Amazon take their %. 

Remember folks - even $1 helps - in fact, $1 helps a LOT, since Kickstarter uses "popularity" and "# of pledges" to buoy projects to the 1st page.  Visibility means everything - that's how campaigns can go viral. (it's also why I keep getting offers from spammers to send them $4 so they can contribute $1. Gee whiz, where do I sign up for that? :rolleyes: )  - so if you have just $1 to spare it would help way way way more than you realize! 

Thanks for indulging me this hype folks - promotion is not normally my strong suit. I typically prefer to promote my brand with giveaways and contests. But this is a pretty critical step for my company - with a reliable vehicle I could potentially travel for events like Zestfest in Texas, New Orleans and Albuquerque shows, and some of the BBQ events in Nevada.   I appreciate all the support, shares of the link and just positive encouragement from the THP community. :cheers:  

So far so good Aaron! 5 days in & it just hit 35%, sneaking last the $9k mark.

Very exciting but still a long way to go!

Within about a week's time there will be a 3-reviewer review of the new Dia del Perro sauce, so hopefully the reviewers like it as much as I do. :cheers:

With a successful review I'm hoping some more buzz about the new sauce will be generated.

I'm a bit surprised that more t-shirt and tank top packages haven't sold to be honest, but there's time. :cheers:

Thanks for your interest - did you check oh the campaign?

salsalady said:
great to hear about the progress!

Thanks SL!  The average amount per pledge is a ridiculous $73.60! Typical average is ~$15 from what I understand, so the supporters have been tremendous. So as mentioned above, at this point it would almost be better to get 500x $1 pledges than 1x $500 pledge to help float the campaign in the KS search results. 

There are also a couple of KS sauce campaigns about to end (~1 day) so that could also help. It could also hurt that people have already pledged to those companies, but with the 1st reviews of Dia del Perro coming in (and coming in strong with 9/10!) that might help consumer confidence. 

Meanwhile I've got the North Beach festival this weekend, and San Mateo Summerfest next weekend - then Fillmore St Jazz Festival in 3 weeks, right before the campaign ends. 

1 week down, 36% of the goal reached - it won't be easy.  Hopefully the THP community will get on board with some pledges - hoping some of that good karma from the various help topics and giveaways comes back to me. :cheers: 

Back