• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Kevins 2014 late start Glog

OK folks I am here with my later then late 2014 grow. My goal is too get a few pods off each of 10 different plants.

I have in the germination bed 5 of each of the following,
Jamaican Hot chocolate 2/5
Peach Bhut                      3/5
HP22b (reapers)              1/5
chocolate Bhut                 3/5
Peach Hab                       3/5
7-Pot Joanna                    2/5
Trinidad Scorp M             5/5
Chocolate Hab                4/5
 and 3 of the following
Tabasco                        2/3
cayenne                        2/3

I am using a dome with heat mat and plugs. Temp is set to 88 or so. sitting on a towl on the counter. When they start I will get the T5 HO light that sits on the dome and blast'em for a week or so 24/7 with light then plce them out side. The goal is to over winter them in the garage. Again any input is more then welcome. And thanks for reading
guys.

2014-06-09144600_zpsb36cc347.jpg

Is there some benefit to running lights 24 hours a day? It's my understanding that plants need a nighttime and at some point the extralight does no good for the plants.

Its just to get them to grow as much as I can. This is a super late or super early start. I am mainly doing this as a learning thing. But yes at some point they will need a night and day cycle.

Kevin, I feel ya on the late start. I did the same thing this year, starting them now so that way they come through next spring large and in charge. I haven't started my glog but when I do I'll definitely send you a link. I'd like to see how the two different set ups go. I'm doing a different germination technique among other things. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes for you.

Yea I have been sitting on a really good stash of seeds. I was spose to get a 20x30 lot at a community garden but some how I was never called. So I am back on the list again and will call around the first of the year and again in April Or early May. I have about 20 other types I would like to grow. Now that I am on a 2 week break from school I'll get the rest lined up. 

My phone says temp is 83.8 and 78% humidity. I wonder how close that is.. This is worse then waiting for my first kid.

Starting to feel as if my seeds are not going to germinate.. MIght order some germ powde I will let it go 7 days or should I let it go more ?

OK placed a fish tank strip thermometer in there reading 82 gave them a few sprays of H2O And I keep waiting...

18" inch sun blaster T5 Light..

20140615_123743_zps6ede4ea1.jpg

Coming to life now so hitting'em with light for a bit...

20140615_122627_zpsd4746d73.jpg

20140615_122606_zps923550a8.jpg

20140615_122550_zps3bb0ade4.jpg

Survival of the fittest...
20140615_122627_zps1d10df1a.jpg

Your list is nothing but great peppers, Kevin!

That light should do the trick for you - what's the temperature in the dome?

Looks like the start of a great adventure!

I have a fish tank thermometer reading 78 to 80 top side. i have the heat mat sitting at 78 or so..Having to relearn the balance of watering.. LoL plugs dry quick under the light.

Back