Hey THP!

Hey everyone on THP!

I'm new to the site and new to the world of hot peppers. I'm growing from seeds, really late in the season but giving it a try. I'd like to have a few plants that I can overwinter seeing as how I'm growing in Southern half of Louisiana and our growing season here is crazy long.

I just started seeds last week and here is what I have.

Seeds of Bolivian Rainbow, Thai Sun, 7 Pot Jonah Yellow, Chocolate Scorpions, and Carolina Reapers.

As for my grow set up, It's being constructed as we speak. I'll have plants in plugs and humidity domes soon (pending germination) as well as a heat mat and a large T5 lighting system. I went to school at a local university and was a horticulture minor so I know a few things about plants and have access to a lot of growing needs but hot peppers just got me hooked in recently so I'm trying my hand at it.

Any advice, ideas, and thoughts are welcome.

- JB

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Thank you everyone for the response. I'll definitely be here for a while getting some stuff going.

Also thank you hoglog for the site. It looks pretty awesome.

magicpepper said:
:welcome:  from canada, i must say louisiana is my favorite place in the world! 
OOH YEAH!!! It's one of my homes that's for sure. The other being Florida.

I'm about to head up that way though. I'm visiting Canada from June 28th to July 6th. A little vacation in the north.

LS929 said:
OOH YEAH!!! It's one of my homes that's for sure. The other being Florida.

I'm about to head up that way though. I'm visiting Canada from June 28th to July 6th. A little vacation in the north.
good time to visit to lol its been up in the 70 to 80's range and is only going to get hotter, unless its raining

Back