• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Burger Throwdown (PATTY WARS)

Best BEEF Burger

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
PATTY WARS!

Poll 1: Best BEEF Burger
Poll 2: Best COMBINATION Burger
Poll 3: Best ALTERNATIVE Burger

48 hour poll.

The winning 3 get a new poll for BEST OVERALL BURGER!

Please consider the entire burger in all its splendor. You may vote however you like. If possible, disregard meat temperature, as these burgers were not made to order for you, and if replicated, you can cook to the desired temperature.

PATTY WARS - READ ENTIRE TOPIC FOR FULL PROCESS; GRINDING, BAKING, ETC.

*The poll structure is a little different than stated but this is the way it will work best. It is more confusing to have all the burgers in an overall poll as well, and then vote for beef and the same burger is there. Redundant, and if you are able to choose a different one it doesn't make sense. This way EVERY burger is still listed, but in the applicable poll. And the overall vote will be of the winners.

Wow this was hard. For me the hardest to choose was for the best beef burger in which I seen 3 that I wanted to eat sooo bad(Essegi, Cypresshill1973 and Frydad4).
TB you sorta did what I had in mind. I bought some buffalo and blue cheese also but I didn't get a chance to do it.
Those are some of the best burgers I have ever seen in my life!!!!!!!! Well done everybody. :clap:

Damn so many choices.  For me the beef one came down to juiciness and the grain of the burger. Booma nailed it.  Fiddy I would love that stack of yours on six little Martin's potatoe rolls.  Sum ran away with the combo category to me.  Wow what a burger!  In the alternative category, I absolutely LOVE the greek burger and planned on voting for it, but damn if The TB didn't sway my heart with that sloppy mess of his.  I voted for The TB in spite of those inferior buns.  Well done all.

very hard to chose, this thread should only click if you just ate, or you will get very hungry .

great work for everybody .
i liked all the fresh greens tinnie used. 

essegi the fresh bread u made, it the real difference, i vote for that 

death to snail, using lamb makes u a winner in my views :)

Beef - A hard choice between Booma and Key. The simplicity of Key's build balanced with the complexity of flavors and the pump put it over the top for me.

Alternative - DTS's was the hands-down winner for me here. GIMME DAT!

Combo - Came down to FreeportBurn and Tinnie. I liked the idea of the breakfast burger, but Tinnie's combo of flavors got my vote.

Well done, all!

All participants have been very good. More than once felt like eating the screen in front of me. 

For me it was very important to participate and be camouflaged among the world kings of burgers. American people have no rivals when making burgers, it's in their blood.

cypresshill---- when you find yourself risking needing a new keyboard from all the drool while looking at the TD entries, that definitely is a good Throwdown!   Or needing to clean the laptop screen after trying to lick the pictures, that's a good TD.  :lol:

BTW-I think you're over-selling American burgers.  Ground meat patties of all sorts are in every culture.  This was a PATTY competition, not a "hamburger" competition.  I'm thrilled to see people from France, Italy, Argentina, and of course our Aussie friends..... joining in on the TD Patty Cooking Fun!

Everyone done good on their patties, Fo'Sho!!!

Is this the most international entries we've had to date????

SL it's most definitely a burger comp with a division by patty to nudge creativity and add originality, but still a burger comp... as stated, vote for the best BURGER! :)

It has to all work as one. ;)

Wow this was fun to watch. Boomer got my beef vote for great looking meat and blend but most importantly doneness. Beerbreath was a close 2nd in that category.
In the open modified...I mean combination. Now that was a easy choice, Tinnie's Banh Mi burger is shear (Iwillshovethatinmyneck)GENIUS!!!
And finally TB's buffalo bison cause bison is damn good and lamb can scram. Not dissin your burg DTS just not a fan of lamb.

Time to vote!

Beef - Big Mac clone all the way! I despise fast food but the Big Mac is a classic with a good flavor combo, and you've not only recreated it, you've taken everything up a notch. The fresh baked high bun so you could cut it in thirds... the homemade special sauce... the chilihead touch with pepper coins... and you just can't beat an 80/20 patty in the CI! Screw Micky D's!

Combination - Breakfast Burger for me. Very well thought out. Not just a burger on a donut, all of the flavors of breakfast are here... sweet and savory. Maple, bacon, egg, cheese, the patty with brisket/short rib/bacon garlic shallot. And the egg is cooked perfectly!

Alternative - Gotta go with the Greek burger here! Looks delicious! And thank you for not putting feta just because it's Greek. That would have been salt overload with the olives. Again, well thought out.

Hey Booma, how sweet was that burger? Brown sugar, maple syrup, treacle... no vinegar in there to cut that sauce... and then jam... wow! I was eyeing that burger, but holy hell, you like 'em sweeeeeeeet.

The Hot Pepper said:

Hey Booma, how sweet was that burger? Brown sugar, maple syrup, treacle... no vinegar in there to cut that sauce... and then jam... wow! I was eyeing that burger, but holy hell, you like 'em sweeeeeeeet.

Yeah it was a little, but the amount of meat to sauce ratio, plus the rich cheese, pickles, jalapenons and onion did cut through well.

Correct with me liking a sweet sauce though, tend to use a lot of brown sugar in all my rubs as well, love the stuff

I went with Beer for the Beef, looked great, sounded great all good.

Was betweent the breakfast and cubana for the mixed, Sum got that

and alternative, couldnt go past a lamb burger, simple combo, love those flavours

I voted for;

Fiddy cause it's a tower of maillard flavour with a panko onion ring.  Loose mix patty, all sorts of yum going on.
Tinnie cause i know those flavours and that burger rocked.  I'm gonna tell my local Vietnamese bread shop to start making burgers not rolls
DTS cause he's awesome and his burger was awesome and he paid me to vote for him :D  Joking aside I've got no idea what bison tastes like, probs like lean beef?  But not a fan of blue cheese and beef, sorry the TB.

Oh snap, Fiddy has blue cheese in his burger.  Oh well too late now.

That's the most epic TD i've been in. Period. And that's a feat since some excellent members were missing.
In spite of that i decided relatively quickly...

For alternative i've chosen DTS... Sorry TB, i like yours too, but i really want to taste that greek stuff with lamb! Togh i must admin that i'm alot about buffalo too!

Beef: FD!!!! That's ridiculous! Homemade buns, 3 cheese and insanely badass!
And out of interest: how did you manage to stack 6 loose burgers and keep all in equilibrium? Well done!

For last best combo burger...
FreeportBuuuuum! My fav of all! Cheese, bacon, shallot, garlic devil's dust... And egg! A morning fresh home hen egg!
Ingredients are perfect, looks glorious and it's still simple (yeah i value that as something positive).
Maybe bread isn't homemade... But still a strong point!

Oh, and lucilanga too... Looks delicious and badass!

And well done to all others, there's enough to write a book here!:D

So many awesome looking burgers its very hard to choose!  What's really cool is having people from all over the world participate in this td! really fun to see everyone's different take on a burger.  Good job everyone

Great entiries, good job to all! Really fun to be a part of.

My votes went to:
Juicy Lucy--This was going to be my original entry, Keybird struck first and knocked it out of the park in my book. Great selection of cheese, original homeade bun and the late prep pic did me in. Nice Work
Frita Cubana--the frita sauce, the melty cheese, and the crunch of the shoestring taters---WOW!
The Greek--thought out and great execution on this one. sweet, salty, hot (but not overly done) and you got the tzatziki on there to cool things down. Alot going on with this burger!

I went with Boom, Sum, and mysef'..

I wanted to like DTS lamb burger but I once ate some bad kalamata olives and now just the smell of them makes me want to hurl.

And KBK laid down some burger smack with the Jucy Lucy.

It was tough to choose.

Holy  Crap this was an EPIC battle!!!  everyone is a winner for sure -  WOW

ENxXUss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back