• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

SBS purple ornamental

Has anyone grown this variety or have any info on it? Chris? Smoke? Obviously it is a Scotch Bonnet Steve creation.

14147490158_2268eee76e_o.jpg

14147627577_06c51d1587_o.jpg

14383761261_593b6e0493_o.jpg

14200502708_7d74d9d177_o.jpg

14408350244_61c3309780_o.jpg

14386362636_618983372e_o.jpg

Oh why can we only hit the like button once???

The more I look at it, the more stunning it becomes! Is yours really that shade of purple, John, or are you doing camera magic on us?? :P

The darker Purple pods are probably due to real sunlight.
My Hydro plant was LED and Fluoro.Mostly LED.

My seeds are from Steve just before he died.

Steve sent me seeds for several varieties of his to grow out in isolation.

I have isolated seeds to spread around for sasbe.

justecila said:
Absolutely stunning plant...where did you source the seeds from John?
Smokemaster.
gasificada said:
Oh why can we only hit the like button once???

The more I look at it, the more stunning it becomes! Is yours really that shade of purple, John, or are you doing camera magic on us?? :P
No editing mate. The purple shade of the pod is very intetesting. I will try to put something familiar next to it to show the color. It is a pastel color...ver cool.

smokemaster said:

The color of the foliage isn't throwing me off,I have seen the difference in color from cfl,t5,halide,etc. The pods in your second picture have a different shape.. I know indoor pods can look different but I usually see that with chinense superhots. Annuums usually look similar. In your third picture the pod is conical,but not as skinny as mine. It is still early. I will poat more pictures when the plant matures and you can let me know what you think.

*edit*
I have read a lot of posts from Steve on other forums,I am happy to grow this out and hope to check out his other stuff. I know he was a respected grower.

smokemaster said:

Don't get me wrong, the lighter colour pods have their own special charm too! The compact but yet massive structure of the plant is also very impressive.

Pr0digal_son said:
No editing mate. The purple shade of the pod is very intetesting. I will try to put something familiar next to it to show the color. It is a pastel color...ver cool.

Kidding, kidding! :P I seriously don't believe you would do that, John. It's just such a vibrant shade that it's hard to imagine it in real life is all.

gasificada said:
Thanks for the update, John. She's such a pretty little thing!
Wanted to keep you posted Gassy. Still a couple months to go so I will post a final picture then. I'm sure it will look cool when all the pods ripen.

Back