• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dhfreaks SHU quest

Hello~ this is my 4th season attempt to grow peppers. 13 I had an ok year but learned allot also. My best plant last season was a bhut jolikia red. It produced around 50 pods in a five gallon bucket. This year i have over 25 plants total from mild to wild.
I wanna post pictures.... Do i have to pay?
Ive planted some of my peppers in large 10-15 gallon pots. Im hoping to have hundreds of pods on some of my plants. Im gonna overwinter tge best this year. I overwintered an an orange hab from 12'-13' but it didnt preform that well. I think it put out 4 pods total ?!
I was planning on having a bunch of overs from last season including my top performing bhut but i brike my foot ladt september which made it impossible to do the basement stairs :( oh well i got every last pod in the dining room window :)

Hi DhFreak- :welcome:

To post pictures, use an off-site image hosting sight like flikr, photobucket, upload your pics to that site, copy the code, past that code into your post here on THP.

Here's a good thread-[URL="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/14109-posting-pictures/"]http://thehotpepper.com/topic/14109-posting-pictures/[/URL]

salsalady

Here is my bhut jolokia from 13' user/dhfreak1982/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps29ad4fd3.jpg.html]
image_zps29ad4fd3.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks salsalady. Cool to see another washington grower

Heres my 14' growlist

7 POD PRIMO
AJI PINEAPPLE
BLACK HUNGARIAN
CAJUN BELL
CAROLINA REAPER
CHERRY BOMB F1 HYBRID
CHEYENNE
CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA
CHOCOLATE HABANERO
EARLY SUNSATION
FATALII
HABANERO CARIBBEAN RED
HABANERO ORANGE
HABANERO WHITE GIANT
ITALIAN PEPERONCINI
JALAPENO PURPLE
JAMACIAN RED
JAYS PRACH GHOST SCORPION
MERLOT BELL
MUSHROOM YELLOW
PETER PEPPER RED
PIMENTA DE NEYDE
RAIN FOREST TRICOLOR
REDSKIN F1 HYBRID
ROYAL BLACK
SERRANO
SUPER CHILLI
SWEET PICKLE
THAI CHILLI
TABASCO GREENLEAF
TRINIDAD SCORPIAN CHOCOLATE
TRINIDAD SCORPION RED
TRINIDAD SCORPION BUTCH T
TRINIDAD SCORPION MOROUGA BLEND
TRINIDAD SCORPIAN YELLOW
TSHOLOLO
WHITE BHUT JOLOKIA

Runescape said:
Awesome lookin pods, dude! Nice list, too...
Thanks Runescape. I picked up a couple more plants yeasterday. I got a belgium giant tomato plant thats suppose to get massive and make up to 5 lb tomatoes!!! a couple italian peperoncini starts , they are small but i think i can get em to produce.

Just picked up a carolina reeper and a black hungarian.
I harvested my secondary brocolli heads today and im planting that box with most of my annium peppers as we speak. Pics to come later tonight

My 7 pot primo today after i removed some larger leaves that were shading the new lower side shoots

Butch T starting to flower

Purple jalepeno full of pods

Unfortunately no. After I broke my foot in September. I had lots of complications and I had to be on crutches forever. I had planned on wintering over and doin lots of seeds ( as I have a pretty decent collection ) but by the time I could safely navigate my basement stairs it was too late to germ seeds. I tried to convince my girlfriend to let me put a t5 in the dining room but she wasn't having it lol. Luckily for me there is a pretty cool local place here that I was able to get some unique varieties from. Next year is gonna be all seed. Plus a few overs probably
My girlfriend bought these for me for my bday. She ordered them from Tom Boone at seriously hot peppers. I saved seed from the yellow brainstrains, The chocolate morugas, and the reaper. Pictured below. He only threw one of those in. It was tasty... I really liked the yellow brainstrain also.

ikeepfish said:
Looks good so far!  Is the PVC and twine in your raised bed going to be used for plant support or does it have another purpose?
The hoops are there so I can pop plastic over it if we have a bad storm. (hail) or an inch of rain like we just had.
The netting is there for support I had tomatoes in this bed two years ago. I put annuums in it last year though and the netting did help hold up some weight
Runescape said:
Whoa, nice pods... Are you planning to eat those whole?
I got those last fall. And yes I ate a few straight. But mainly cooked with em we made a nasty batch of breakfast burritos and froze em each burrito had dif peppers in it. I would take em to work and be all huffin and puffin after eatin one lol

Back