• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Heard of these bands???

I'm going to a small but fairly popular music festival called Summer Solstice in Red Boiling Springs, Tn next weekend. Wanted to see if anyone has heard of the bands and individuals in the lineups.

Electric stage lineup:

Kansas Bible Company

The Mables

Midnight Riders

Mudcat

Ghost Gypsy Caravan

Queen of the South

Reggae

The Leave

Ball Hog

Love Drums

Long Players

Acoustic stage lineup:

Alan Powell

Tyler and Rob

Misty and Kirk

Bells Bend String Band

Nate Nelson

Mudcat

Love Drums

Ball Hog

Human

John D Band

I've heard good things about this festival so i'm pretty excited  :P Anyone on here ever been??

Here is the website: http://solsticecelebration.com/home.html

I've heard of "Reggae". I know a "Human", but he's no fun to shoot hoops with because he's a "Ball Hog". But, most importantly, I "Love Drums". Just love 'em.

True story!

I'm sure response was several notches below "helpful". But, whatever. Have fun with it.

I looked it up and its not who I thought it was. I go to a lot of shows and I saw a band called something caravan last year. They were really good but I cant remember their whole name. Mudcat I ran across while surfing backwoods and bluegrass type music.
So turns out I'm just a space case and of no help either. I do wonder if Gwamba will be there he does a lot of these backwood music fest.
sorry, side effects of wake and bake.

dammit now I cant figure out who the hell i saw last year.

TrueNorthReptiles said:
Never heard of any of them. Is this one of those hippie jam festivals?
Yes it is.

And I just looked up Mudcat and I love that bluegrass style of theirs :D I'm stoked
I've only got a sliver of hippie in me but I'm gonna let it come out for two days.

Gunna be drinking your O'Douls and smokin' your O'Dweeds?

chong.gif

Its O-DAW-DE-HIPPY. when a hippy comes up to you and you smell some god awful perfume to cover up their god awfull B.O. that would be puhchooli oil.

There's a Mudcat band here, but 99% sure a different band. Looks like hippie and acoustic acts local to that area.

Wake-N'-Bake.

Hehehe.

New coffee concoction arriving soon-----in places it's legal.

Not sure if I would enjoy (if I was allowed to) getting jittery AND laid back at the same time.

But on topic----some sound familiar, but semi-local/regional semi-pro or weekend players are terribly hard to remember if you don't live where they play, or attend the festivals where they perform.

Especially when you barely even remember small bits of being there. :drunk:

Back