• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What kind of peppers am i growing?

I was sent some seeds from a guy on one of the bike forums (free) and he wasn't sure of what kind they were, so I am here to find some help. I will post the pics as soon as I can figure it out.

photo2_zpsb7edf990.jpg
photo1_zps0acc6b53.jpg
I hope I did this right!

Spicy Mushroom said:
He didn't know anything about the seeds at all? :)
He did know but he lost the paper that had all the numbers on them.

Brain Strains and bhuts, maybe? I've never grown those supers before, but the pics look familiar

id say red 7 or jonah. not a brainstrain as its just not the right shape, anywho red 7 or jonah (both extremely delicious) it may even be a barrackpore 
0.jpg

Gnarly pods! I'm out on the ID, though. The trouble with a lot of the new superhots going around is that more and more are starting to look very similar. And then there's the hybrid instability issue... but we won't go there.

+1 for the first picture being a 7 pot of some kind, the second could be some kind of bhut, or cross. Looks almost identical to the habalokia pods i got last year

it might help to figure out what they are once the pods ripen as well

The trouble with a lot of the new superhots going around is that more and more are starting to look very similar

That was my thought! Then again I'm fairly new to the superhots.

Well either way OP looks like you got something killer going ^_^

what kind of seeds am i growing?   

im going to take a crack at it and say hot peppers  :rofl:  :rofl:

na but seriously i agree with just about every body else, 7 pot of some kind and possibly a bhut jolokia (ghost pepper). but it is hard to tell especially when they arent ripe, we can all guess and all say its one thing or another, but until it has some colour and you can compare the heat to one of the suspected breads we cant be certain, but i got to say they are some nice wicked looking pods! nice job

magicpepper said:
what kind of seeds am i growing?   

im going to take a crack at it and say hot peppers  :rofl:  :rofl:

na but seriously i agree with just about every body else, 7 pot of some kind and possibly a bhut jolokia (ghost pepper). but it is hard to tell especially when they arent ripe, we can all guess and all say its one thing or another, but until it has some colour and you can compare the heat to one of the suspected breads we cant be certain, but i got to say they are some nice wicked looking pods! nice job
They love the Florida heat!

dunno about the first pic, looks 7 pot-ish.

The second is very very likely a Bhut Jolokia (ghost pepper) of some description, look at the frutescens shape near the calyx along with the "wave" on the leaves in the background.

ikeepfish said:
dunno about the first pic, looks 7 pot-ish.

The second is very very likely a Bhut Jolokia (ghost pepper) of some description, look at the frutescens shape near the calyx along with the "wave" on the leaves in the background.
Thank you!

Back