• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any lawn and yard fanatics out there? Let me see...

Yeah I'm that guy that is also addicted to making my lawn the best on the block...I love landscaping as well....I water all my landscaping, garden and peppers using the rain barrel..wish I was able to water the whole lawn using the rain barrel but have to use the sprinkler system

My lawn is 100% Kentucky bluegrass..The strains I have are Midnight, Bedazzled and Bewitched...
I'm a self confessed lawn fanatic and my wife says I will be that old guy that yells at the kids to stay off my lawn ..she's probably right ...

I built a striper that hooks up to the back of my lawnmower..I love making stripes in my grass...I cut at least every other day due to loving the lines and also cause my lawn is so healthy I have to cut it every other day to stay under the 1/3 rule...my lawn is strictly organic like all my gardening...

So if there are any other lawn fanatics or just a lawn person lets see your lawn and/or landscaping

Here is mine,sorry but my phone camera just stinks but you get the idea....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 72
Thanks bud I appreciate it... I put just as much love and work into my lawn as I do my gardening and new found pepper addiction..
Nice design....

im a old lawn dog. cut grass for fourteen years befor i got into selling exotic lumber now i just ranch. but i still have a exmark zero and all pro equipment.  i do stripe my lawn but it never holds long because of all the heavy traffic.  but my property looks like a golf course on its worst days.  i take lots of pride in my lawn have since i was little. mowing and vacuming were my chores and i pimped both of them. i still cut grass on fridays for a buddy of mine. i love getting off the property and smelling that cut grass.

your lawn looks great.

and i am the old dude yelling at people to get off my property.

Nice yard Sp33d. Where's the damm Flamingos? No respectable crotchity old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn has to have Flamingos. Or Yard Jockey's. Doh!

We moved into to our place in December and this Spring all we have done is clean. 25 tires strewn around our front lawn alone. (I have about 2-3 acres of lawn). Damm old-timey hippies.
Anyway, I dig the grassy lawn care stuff, and mine is shaping up. Still a few rounds of weed-n-feed to go, and some seeding, and some landscaping but it's looking MUCH better. (Removing the tires was a great start LOL). 

sicman said:
im a old lawn dog. cut grass for fourteen years befor i got into selling exotic lumber now i just ranch. but i still have a exmark zero and all pro equipment.  i do stripe my lawn but it never holds long because of all the heavy traffic.  but my property looks like a golf course on its worst days.  i take lots of pride in my lawn have since i was little. mowing and vacuming were my chores and i pimped both of them. i still cut grass on fridays for a buddy of mine. i love getting off the property and smelling that cut grass.
your lawn looks great.

and i am the old dude yelling at people to get off my property.

Thanks, yeah nothing better then the smell of fresh cut grass, just love it!!!

Scoville DeVille said:
Nice yard Sp33d. Where's the damm Flamingos? No respectable crotchity old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn has to have Flamingos. Or Yard Jockey's. Doh!

We moved into to our place in December and this Spring all we have done is clean. 25 tires strewn around our front lawn alone. (I have about 2-3 acres of lawn). Damm old-timey hippies.
Anyway, I dig the grassy lawn care stuff, and mine is shaping up. Still a few rounds of weed-n-feed to go, and some seeding, and some landscaping but it's looking MUCH better. (Removing the tires was a great start LOL).
Thanks bud...I wish I had that much acreage, maybe one day when I can afford to move up north ...lmao maybe I need to have the mother in law send me some flamingo statues from Florida...

C'mon peeps let's see them lawns....

Well I did a fresh cut today after we got a few days of rain ...love the smell of fresh cut grass in the morning....

Still waiting on those lawn pics peeps? Lol

Anyways I will continue to share my OCD tendencies with my lawn..

Changed up the line direction and applied 5 gallons of AACT to my lawn this morning..

IMAG1383.jpg

Nice! I recently sold our house in Portland. Originally it had no lawns. My wife and I put plants and landscaped the front, because the tall cedars there would have made a lawn difficult. But, I installed a yard from scratch in the back from seed (it was just weeds covered with bark). It took a few years, but we had an awesome back yard which was the envy of several neighbors.

The previous residents of our new house seriously neglected the yard. I've been fighting tons of weeds, crabgrass and bare spots since March. It'll probably take a few sort it out - or maybe I'll just nuke it and bring in fresh sod.

Beautiful sicman....that much better then looking out the back at another house so close like I have to....

Hottoddy..I did a complete reno when I moved in here 2 years ago...I ripped out the whole front grass, tilled it till it was all loose then hauled out about 10 yards of crappy soil and dumped it in a field and then I amended what was left with 6 yards of 60/40 ( 60% compost/40%topsoil) and about 5 yards of peat, graded it then laid 100% 3D Kentucky bluegrass sod, the rest is history...

My soil is as perfect as it gets, nice and loamy....I had a sample sent off to Logan labs and confirmed the composition as well....I'm OCD like that when it comes to my lawn lol...but I do have the nicest lawn around and I take serious pride in that ...
millworkman said:
I'll get some shots of mine here after I mow next.  Common bermuda without any car except mowing.
Let's see it bud....

It hasn't rained here in over a week...not a drought but I need it to rain so my rain barrel gets refilled, I'm getting low on rain water for all my garden, pepper and lawn watering...

Its safe to say YES I am a lawn fanatic now. We have been doing ALOT of landscaping at our place this year. We laid about 4400 sqft (9 pallets) of Kentucy Bluegrass at the begining of June and finished it all in one weekend just me and my wife. If I never see another peice of sod in my life I will be a very happy man. We ran a little short in the first pic and we got it filled in about two weeks ago. Need to get some updated pics. Here is looking out our front door.

15.jpg

16.jpg

In the middle we plan to do a cobblestone pathway similiar to this one
20140706_1114471.jpg

We still have alot of work to do but I am very proud of our acomplishments thus far.

Awesome man!!!!

Do a monthly feeding of milogranite (I do it every 2 weeks, but I'm crazy like that), also mix in some azomite with the milo twice a year...make sure to put a pre/post emergent down and your KBG will look amazing ...

Also since your sod is fresh or recently done..throw down some vermipods, your soil will love it trust me...I put vermipods down atleast once a year on lawn and garden..
http://unclejimswormfarm.com/index.php/Vermipods/Vermipods-Free-Shipping/flypage.tpl.html

Back