•  

Photo

The Spicy Meatless Thread... (ya I went there)

• Please log in to reply
866 replies to this topic

#841 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 46,978 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

You need the hot stone bowl and raw egg cracked on top and you stir it and it all cooks... but looks good... :D

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#842 Ghaleon

Ghaleon

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

It's okay to be vegetarian if you dislike the taste or texture of meat. If you don't eat meat out of some sort of moral crusade, that's just laughable.

Edited by Ghaleon, 01 June 2018 - 08:31 PM.

#843 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 46,978 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:26 AM

It's okay to be vegetarian if you dislike the taste or texture of meat. If you don't eat meat out of some sort of moral crusade, that's just laughable.

It's okay to be ignorant if you dislike vegetarians. If you make it a point to post in a vegetarian thread, that's just laughable.

#844 Rawkstah

Rawkstah

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

I don't eat vegetables because I love animals, I eat vegetables because I HATE PLANTS. DEATH TO THE ALL THE PLANTS!  :twisted:

But seriously though, no one forced you to open this thread, and no one in the thread is pushing their dietary choices on you.

Everyone has their own reasons, it doesn't have to be either of the reasons you suggested. Someone could just want to help conserve water, reduce carbon emissions, be broke and can't afford meat, health related reasons, or just not want to support corporate owned concentrated animal feeding operations.

I do it out of vanity. I love to eat, and when I eat vegetables I can eat a metric shitton more and only be eating half the calories. That way I can eat all the time and still look  :hot: naked.  :party:

Edited by Rawkstah, 02 June 2018 - 03:39 PM.

#845 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 46,978 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

:pics: :rofl:

#846 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 46,978 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Beer is why I'm dressed like it's winter.

#847 SmokenFire

SmokenFire

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 4,136 posts
  • aka:the ralphster
  • (x9)

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

I looked all over the Asain grocery store for veg kimchi but they didn't have any. :( I am going to a Korean restaurant to get some this weekend.

Joong Boo Market has like eleventy sixteen kinds of kimchi - there are several stores in the city.  A very adventurous place to shop.  

It felt like satan pissed in my mouth it was so hot and lasted a long time. It was a horrible experience eating one of them. - SavinaRed
I would love to travel to your castle to roam the land,eat pie and hunt woman. - sicman

#848 Rawkstah

Rawkstah

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

Joong Boo Market has like eleventy sixteen kinds of kimchi - there are several stores in the city.  A very adventurous place to shop.  

I was at Joong Boo, couldn't find one without fish, maybe I was in the wrong section... (I did get a ginormous piece of Jackfruit for $2.50!). It's all good though, my friend runs the Korean-Polish fusion place Kimski in Bridgeport and brought me over a huge container of their vegan kimchi yesterday.  So good! 

#849 Rawkstah

Rawkstah

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

I have been enjoying cooking with the Instant Pot.  I've made a couple curries in there, cooked batches of beans, and tonight I'll try collards and black eyed peas.  Last night I tried to make a vegan version of butter chicken curry.  My neighbor gave me a bag of tomatoes from his garden so I needed something to use them all.  I bought soy curls to make it which are kind of like TVP but more dense and chewier.  It was pretty great, and I took a picture of the leftovers I ate for lunch today (I didn't have enough rice so there is actually mung bean sprouts under the curry).  This is the recipe, https://www.veganric...er-chicken.html you can obviously make it however hot you want based on the peppers you use.  I followed the recipe pretty closely because I'm still not totally comfortable with the pressure cooking.  At the end I added some almond butter to make it creamier.  

I8FzmaK.jpg?1

#850 SmokenFire

SmokenFire

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 4,136 posts
  • aka:the ralphster
  • (x9)

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:34 PM

Looks great rawk!

It felt like satan pissed in my mouth it was so hot and lasted a long time. It was a horrible experience eating one of them. - SavinaRed
I would love to travel to your castle to roam the land,eat pie and hunt woman. - sicman

#851 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 46,978 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

Looks delish, where's my onion paratha!

#852 BigB

BigB

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • aka:the viking
  • (x2)

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

looks great! this is hilarious though, I literally bought ingredients this weekend to make a vegetarian butter chicken (chickenless obviously) curry in the instant pot as well. though a different recipe

I have been enjoying cooking with the Instant Pot.  I've made a couple curries in there, cooked batches of beans, and tonight I'll try collards and black eyed peas.  Last night I tried to make a vegan version of butter chicken curry.  My neighbor gave me a bag of tomatoes from his garden so I needed something to use them all.  I bought soy curls to make it which are kind of like TVP but more dense and chewier.  It was pretty great, and I took a picture of the leftovers I ate for lunch today (I didn't have enough rice so there is actually mung bean sprouts under the curry).  This is the recipe, https://www.veganric...er-chicken.html you can obviously make it however hot you want based on the peppers you use.  I followed the recipe pretty closely because I'm still not totally comfortable with the pressure cooking.  At the end I added some almond butter to make it creamier.  

I8FzmaK.jpg?1

#853 Rawkstah

Rawkstah

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:08 PM

looks great! this is hilarious though, I literally bought ingredients this weekend to make a vegetarian butter chicken (chickenless obviously) curry in the instant pot as well. though a different recipe

What recipe did you use? I looked at a few and the Facebook groups I'm in referred me to Vegan Richa.  I looked through some of her other stuff and I'm probably going to be trying a few of her recipes. 

#854 BigB

BigB

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • aka:the viking
  • (x2)

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

What recipe did you use? I looked at a few and the Facebook groups I'm in referred me to Vegan Richa.  I looked through some of her other stuff and I'm probably going to be trying a few of her recipes. 

definitely not vegan, but here it is. used cauliflower, onions, chickpeas and home mad paneer 

https://twosleevers....butter-chicken/

dKicEHm.jpg

#855 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:24 PM

Very Nice 

#856 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

Zucchini Float.

Zucchini from the neighbor, coated with my spice mix then layered onions and tomato, added cottage cheese the last 10min.

Cumin sprinkled on their too, topped with my red pepper Habanero sauce :)

uTbb3jl.jpg

fwwvQeC.jpg

YXQLjPL.jpg

5DbhyzG.jpg

#857 texas blues

texas blues

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 16,811 posts
  • aka:TB
  • (x4)

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

Maaaan....

Your posts and pics always rock.

'Specially the piccy's.

The stuffed zuch's...

Hippy's love that stuff.

Me too!

Except for one 'thang.

My dear sweet ma.

A wonderful cook.

Once made lasagna with cottage cheese.

I hated it so much that I'd say its one of the worst 'thangs I've ever eaten.

But I love cold cottage cheese.

But I'm crazy.

That way.

#858 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

Thanks!

Haven't used Cottage cheese for a very long time, was given a tub.

I ended up eating the whole thing, was very rich in flavor baking it, couldn't stop lol at least its mostly water :)

... I used to eat cottage cheese with ginger jam as a kid all the time lol.

Edited by dragonsfire, 19 August 2018 - 03:02 PM.

#859 Tinnie

Tinnie

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:50 AM

Epic meal there dragonsfire!

#860 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members