• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

XXX Rated EDIT: Seeds Available

EDIT:   After harvesting I have lots of OP seeds from this plant.    Sorry to take so long to respond.    Several people expressed interest in seeds so fire a PM to me to make arrangements.      I would be interested in seeds trades, or finished goods like sauces.

Here's my backyard cross I call "Red Fatalli XXX"

Yellow fatalli crossed with an unknown red superhot - either a brain strain or T scorp I think. 

The mother plant grew red pods that looked like bhuts last year.   Heat level was almost in the superhot range.

Totally unstable but totally fun to watch them grow.    Wicked looking pods!

FatalliXXX2_zps83b56734.jpg

MeatHead1313 said:
Wicked looking pods for sure! How's the flavour?
Nice, tastes like fatalli more than a 7-pot.    I put 6 of them in a bottle of vodka, and it's too hot for anyone else.   Makes a great bloody mary!
magicpepper said:
shoot i thought it was a different kind of xxx, but those pods are wicked looking. very nice work
Thanks, it was a happy accident.    Some accidental crosses have not been that great.    Because I don't isolate, I get a few surprises from saved seeds each year.

MisterBigglesworth said:
Nice, tastes like fatalli more than a 7-pot.    I put 6 of them in a bottle of vodka, and it's too hot for anyone else.   Makes a great bloody mary!

Thanks, it was a happy accident.    Some accidental crosses have not been that great.    Because I don't isolate, I get a few surprises from saved seeds each year.
so you are getting crosses without trying to cross them ? They are doing it all on their own ?

Awesome!!! This look ridiculous man.... I bet that is fun watching crosses grow cause your not sure what your getting..

SavinaRed said:
so you are getting crosses w

ithout trying to cross them ? They are doing it all on their own ?

We have a very healthy population of bumblebees that dig pepper plants. I am going to start isolating flowers to gain some stability.

Really nice looking pods! As a huge Fatalii fan I would like to know of your take on not just heat but the flavor. Have you ate one these that you're showing yet? If it turns out as something you want to work with, let me know as I would be willing to either trade or purchase some seed to isolate some plants next year. But the flavor must be on par with a good Fatalii. If it is it could turn out to be a nice project. Just wish you knew what plant it crossed with.

I too have a unusual Red Fatalii plant this year that was suppose to be a Yellow Fatalii. One pod on the plant even has a long tail, but most pods look like normal Fatali's other than turning red. Really spectacular flavor with a nice blast of heat, much more than the yellow. Seems to be a lot of that going on this year with Fatalii's.

Back