• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Water plants that I am growing both tropical and other.

tropical water lilies.
IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0727.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

So for tropical water lilies I have Tina, Panama pacific, king of blues, Albert greenberg and Ruby. All are viviparous water lilies meaning they make babies on some of their leaves. I also have a semi aquatic datura in the same pool with them.
IMAG0676.jpg

IMAG0677.jpg

Wish I had setup like this. Only plants I grow in water is peat moss. And it is a bitch, because I wasn't sure how to grow it, so I set it up in four different methods I found online, and all of them grew so now I can't tell what it likes best.
What do you do in winter with these guys, because I wanna start them. 

Wow, lovely!
I tried growing an egyptian lotus once. It sprouted but just died while the stalk was in the process of emerging from the seed. You must have some talent with water plants!

Thanks for the likes and comments. The pool with the tropicals is heated to help them along as we are almost to cool here for them to grow let alone thrive. I best advice growing them is the same for about everything the larger the growspace for a plant the easier they are. When i used to grow in smaller areas with water plants the more work it took to work because of evaporation and temp and ph swings.
I am the same way when it comes to the challenge of growing the unique and wierd.

Back