• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not a lemon drop, any ideas?

First ever chili growing attempt. Awaiting a long thin green chili maturing to yellow, get a shortish fat purple one.
Any ideas??

b6dd105becd25e85bd51e6806348d484.jpg

3fdd7ef92bfea38cf93ef19bc0717410.jpg

Just googled purple jalapeño and all the flowers are purple, mine are white.
Also, just read they start green and turn purple, these have only been purple

I've grown purple jalapenos, and they definitely start green, turn an almost-black purple, then finally red. And all my purple jalapenos had purple in the flowers, as did the purple cayenne I've grown. AND yes, it looks like that plant is infested with something.  :tear:  KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!!!!! (And by "IT" I mean "them"!)

I am on my phone so can not tell for sure but are those green aphids in the flower center or is it green. If not bugs then it has bacctuum species in it which is what the lemon drop is from.

The inside of the flowers is a greeny blue colour.
Thanks for help everyone. Never really inspected plants that closely, but yep, covered in minuscule white thingys.
Read up on alleviating the problem, don't want to try a pesticide yet so went with the blob of hand soap in my hand pump water sprayer, left 10 mins then rinsed.

Still no closer to figuring out what the chilis are tho

Friend has identified these. They are f1 purple gustos and after a bit of research they seem to be about 80000 on scoville. Plenty hot enough for me for now.
Tried a nibble yesterday, not ripe yet, nice flavour then boom!! My lips were tingling for a few hours

Back