• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Well I mislabeled this pepper plant

Well looks like my tedious notes were not tedious enough. I had this plant marked as a Aji Amarillo. I think somewhere along the line I messed up with the name. Unless I got wrong seeds, which I highly doubt or it is a cross.  From the seeds I grew, the only other options it could be are: Giant Yellow Thai or a cayenne. I think it is an annuum because the flower is all white. It is ripe and I will try it later this afternoon, so that may help narrow it down, but I wanted to get your opinions. 

Thanks,
Tony

Pod:

Flower:

So I just ate the pepper and it was sweet and a little florally, heat seems to be on the cayenne level, maybe a little hotter, and all mouth burn. It was a really great testing pepper. I don't know what Thais are supposed to taste like fresh, but it seemed too sweet to be a cayenne and a little thicker walled. Good news is that there are at least 15 more pods on that plant and either way it was a great pepper. 

That is a very pretty pepper!  I love the look of yellow peppers.  You should save seed and spread those around a bit at the end of the season.

cone9 said:
That is a very pretty pepper!  I love the look of yellow peppers.  You should save seed and spread those around a bit at the end of the season.

I may have to do this. The plant seems very prolific with at least 15 peppers on it right now.

Looks like an Orange Thai pepper to me, doesnt look like any Golden Cayenne that I grow.  I guess pictures can be misleading on color at times but my Golden Cayenne are so strikingly yellow/gold that chili is clearly looking orange to me.  Still waiting for my Orange Thai peppers to ripen and turn orange, will post pictures afterward. 

cheers

I agree with Buzzman............ I am no expert, but we have grown the red varieties of both, and this looks more like a Thai to me......both pepper and plant......the foliage is very Thai like ........if you do want to trade seeds, I would be interested. It's definitely a pretty pod.

Buzzman19 said:
Looks like an Orange Thai pepper to me, doesnt look like any Golden Cayenne that I grow.  I guess pictures can be misleading on color at times but my Golden Cayenne are so strikingly yellow/gold that chili is clearly looking orange to me.  Still waiting for my Orange Thai peppers to ripen and turn orange, will post pictures afterward. 

cheers

The pepper was very orange. I am leaning towards it being a thai since I actually had seeds for a giant thai. Thanks.

Lady Sic said:
I agree with Buzzman............ I am no expert, but we have grown the red varieties of both, and this looks more like a Thai to me......both pepper and plant......the foliage is very Thai like ........if you do want to trade seeds, I would be interested. It's definitely a pretty pod.

I will be saving seeds and am willing to trade. Thanks.

Back