• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

World Yawn-er, Cup

I'm a bit shocked there's no World Cup Soccer topics going on here - I am not much of a soccer fan. I'll watch today, but the slow pace kills me. That said, I figured some of y'all might be rabid fans considering we have a pretty diverse and international community here. 

So what gives - why no world cup topic? 

A friend recently said to me "I can't believe you're not a soccer fan, yet you love baseball - the most boring sport in the world."

My response was that while I indeed do love baseball, if you watch a baseball game for 2+ hours and no one scores, you've witnessed a brilliant pitching performance - a rare display of control, skill and dominance by both starting staffs. By comparison, if you watch soccer for 2+ hours and no one scores, it's just soccer. 
:dance: 

I had a World Cup topic in 2010 and not many posted, but I have watched EVERY single game start to finish.  Huge fan here and am still a very active player.  I know you are just messing, but the same can be said for soccer, if no one scores you witness a brilliant display of defense and goal keeping.  The whole sport comparison thing is stupid though.  A fan of any sport(except golf, although those guys walk a LOT) can give their reasons one is better and others are not.

Let's make it interesting - unofficial contest: if someone guesses the 1st score of the US/Belgium game, including who kicked the ball into the goal (that's how soccer works, right?) I'll send them a bottle of their choice of my original 6 + a bottle of the new Dia del Perro. 

Go! 

Back