• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Kind of important question about super hots pods/sauces

I have a question being new to super hot since last month, and i know everyones body is different!

I know super hot pods will obviously give your stomach that burning sensation when you eat it.

And well here is where my question comes in i did eat a whole raw ghost chili pod last month and my stomach was sore for a few days and i waited about a week and a half and then i bought a regular size bottle of texas pete wing sauce and a regular size bottle of bbq sauce and i mixed 1 dried ghost chili pod and 1 regular raw habanero each in both bottles, and obviously i put the sauce and pods in the blender and mixed them. And i have been eating those sauces for a few weeks now.

Between the times from eating the super hot pod and eating the sauces until now ive probably had some stomach sores from eating the hot sauce and bbq. But of course those sore don't go on for a few days because its only sauce.I mean you do have to put into consideration that when you mix the pods ins auce the seeds do float around and will come on your food.

and my stomach has been sore from the pot of chili i made 2 days ago with 2 raw ghost chilis, 1 dried ghost chili, 3 dried carolina reapers, 3-4 regular habanaeros, and 1 jalapeno!

But if your new to eating super hots in your food/eating the pod that normal for your stomach and just have to build your tolerance up right!?  

Im not asking this because i think i made the wrong decision eating super hots, im just asking from experienced people to make sure, because i want to progress and do a gusher challenge but i want to be safe and ask other peoples opinions! I will be honest the ghost chili pod i ate is the hottest pepper i ate besides regular jalapenos because im a hot sauce person.             . 

I don't eat superhots often. I've eaten maybe one or two in my time. But my 2 cents... if they're tearing your stomach up for days on end, you may want to refrain. Don't risk your health for stunts. You could possibly end up with a bleeding ulcer... and that wouldn't be good.

Buzz said:
I don't eat superhots often. I've eaten maybe one or two in my time. But my 2 cents... if they're tearing your stomach up for days on end, you may want to refrain. Don't risk your health for stunts. You could possibly end up with a bleeding ulcer... and that wouldn't be good.
But peppers don't cause cause ulcers it on a the national government website. the capsaican actually helps to prevent them!

Maybe i should still consult my doctor and tell him and get it checked out to make sure its the peppers and that i don't have a unknown ulcer before i continue this extreme hot journey!

Buzz said:
You could possibly end up with a bleeding ulcer...

Total BS.  You absolutely CANNOT get an ulcer from a pepper.  If you have a pre-existing condition, a superhot will definitely point it out to you - but it won't cause it.

The worst thing that I've seen happen so far, is a few people have ended up on YouTube looking like complete dumbasses.  Other than that, it's just going to make you suffer needlessly.  Eat what you can handle, make fun of other people who choose to disrespect the natural boundaries that we have been given.

Do ALL peppers bother your stomach for days, or just the supers? If it were ulcerous, I would think all heat would get to you. Just take it easy. And it never hurts to tell your doc what you experienced. Not trying to cause alarm, just trying to keep it smart.

solid7 said:

Total BS.  You absolutely CANNOT get an ulcer from a pepper.  If you have a pre-existing condition, a superhot will definitely point it out to you - but it won't cause it.

The worst thing that I've seen happen so far, is a few people have ended up on YouTube looking like complete dumbasses.  Other than that, it's just going to make you suffer needlessly.  Eat what you can handle, make fun of other people who choose to disrespect the natural boundaries that we have been given.

No no no no .... I'm not saying the pepper would GIVE him the ulcer.... I'm just saying it may already be there, and that's why it's lasting for days. And yeah... I've seen the guy on youtube puking blood after a bhut covered burger. It's a risk.

Buzz said:
Do ALL peppers bother your stomach for days, or just the supers? If it were ulcerous, I would think all heat would get to you. Just take it easy. And it never hurts to tell your doc what you experienced. Not trying to cause alarm, just trying to keep it smart.

No no no no .... I'm not saying the pepper would GIVE him the ulcer.... I'm just saying it may already be there, and that's why it's lasting for days. And yeah... I've seen the guy on youtube puking blood after a bhut covered burger. It's a risk.
I forgot to add, it could be just because i do get abdominal pains. But i have been eating hot sauce since i was young. And i only ever started getting abdominal pains 2 years ago, the pains don't like bother it just made me wonder if its acceptable!

And no a couple months ago on my birthday i had ghost chili wings that were really hot but it didn't bother my stomach so its could be just the super hots!

Buzz said:

Haven't seen that one...  But thanks for he heads up - I like to watch those with my little girl.  If you ever decide to upload a video of yourself tackling the Carolina Reaper or Chocolate Bhutlah, remember, there's a 9 year old girl out there laughing her guts out at you, because she knows she's smarter than you. ;)

solid7 said:

I can handle it i haven't found anything to spicy for me, the sores in my stomach just made me curious!

I can't speak for everyone, but I have a tendency to believe that certain peppers have stomach effects that others do not - even if they may be hotter/not as hot.  For me, a fatalii is a killer.  Not unmanageable in the mouth, but it leaves me feeling like somebody just kicked me so hard in the stomach that I'm about to shit myself from the resulting surge of intestinal pressure.  No other pepper has ever had that effect on me, the F does it every time.  I tried a half a Reaper once, and it felt like somebody was twisting my neck shut and lighting my throat on fire - but no stomach ache.

Yeah, any super should have you with cap cramps for hours.... the naga I ate had me hating my own guts for an entire night.... and my puckerhole was sending me hatemail. But lasting days would raise a flag to me. As long as you're not puking blood, you should be okay. Just know your health before you dive into these things.

Have you ever looked into the stomach cramps? You've been having them a couple of years you said....

Buzz said:
Yeah, any super should have you with cap cramps for hours.... the naga I ate had me hating my own guts for an entire night.... and my puckerhole was sending me hatemail. But lasting days would raise a flag to me. As long as you're not puking blood, you should be okay. Just know your health before you dive into these things.

Have you ever looked into the stomach cramps? You've been having them a couple of years you said....
Yeah the stomach cramps i get are on my left and right side below my rib cage that my doctor deemed abdominal pains when i got it checked out, not in the middle lower area of my stomach like the peppers have been doing!

To put it shortly, the above points are correct. I work in healthcare, and can say that most ulcers stem from a helicobacter pylori infection. Capsaicin is no match for the hydrochloric acid in our stomach. While it can be an irritant, it is actually causing your stomach to secrete more protective substances thus giving a better mucus lining. Every cell in your stomach now feels as if it's being (temperature) burned, when in fact this is just the "fake out" of capsaicin. Nonetheless - your body reacts by releasing mass amounts of mucus to protect the cells that it thinks can be saved from the "burn." When in actuality, no cells ever get burned - they simply feel like thay do. All those cramps, twisting, and pain are from you body releasing the flood gates in an attempt to salvage what it can. You then will experience diarrhea as the GI tract forcefully expels the unwanted intruder out at a speeded pace.

Much agony and pain will be felt, but it is indeed you bodies misguided attempt to flush out what it has literally deemed as fire.

...in our case, it's not fire - and no true burn will be sustained.

BUT: if you have been diagnoses with preexisting ulcers - these peppers could cause quite some problems for underlying tissues.

Too much too soon, slow down there, cowboy.
Toss only a few supers in your food or eat barely spicy food first and then eat a super.
You gotta go slow and steady, not so much in one go.
No wonder you get cap cramps and aftermath problems.

Bhut_Trolokia said:
Too much too soon, slow down there, cowboy.
Toss only a few supers in your food or eat barely spicy food first and then eat a super.
You gotta go slow and steady, not so much in one go.
No wonder you get cap cramps and aftermath problems.
You kind of have a point, I think i will revert back and buy trinidad moruga and ghost chili hot sauce and eat that for a little bit while i wait to get into college and save my dry pods for college. But in the mean time i want to get ready for a ghost chili gusher challenge next month!

When i go to college im going to bring a whole kit of hot sauce from texas pete to 9.6mil scoville unit pepper extract, and pepper pods!

It is good to be prepared. I am quite surprised you are willing to do a pure evil gusher challenge though. Perhaps try PexPeppers gusher challenge first if you are serious and really want to do it?

Buzz said:
gotcha.... you're getting super cap cramps!

JutsFL said:
To put it shortly, the above points are correct. I work in healthcare, and can say that most ulcers stem from a helicobacter pylori infection. Capsaicin is no match for the hydrochloric acid in our stomach. While it can be an irritant, it is actually causing your stomach to secrete more protective substances thus giving a better mucus lining. Every cell in your stomach now feels as if it's being (temperature) burned, when in fact this is just the "fake out" of capsaicin. Nonetheless - your body reacts by releasing mass amounts of mucus to protect the cells that it thinks can be saved from the "burn." When in actuality, no cells ever get burned - they simply feel like thay do. All those cramps, twisting, and pain are from you body releasing the flood gates in an attempt to salvage what it can. You then will experience diarrhea as the GI tract forcefully expels the unwanted intruder out at a speeded pace.

Much agony and pain will be felt, but it is indeed you bodies misguided attempt to flush out what it has literally deemed as fire.

...in our case, it's not fire - and no true burn will be sustained.

BUT: if you have been diagnoses with preexisting ulcers - these peppers could cause quite some problems for underlying tissues.

Yeah, my friend another bowl for work the next day and he said his stomach was sore for q few days. But its friday and my stomach is still ripped up, I better go see a doctor after this weekend if it doesn't start going away just to make sure its the pepper and nothing else!

Jalapenos and then superhots.  Uh, no comparison.  Try going from jalapenos to cayennes and tabascos, then habeneros, then some superhots.

It's like saying, yeah I tried some bells and they were spicy and then I ate some raw serranos.  It's all about the build up.

"Capsaicin" is one of many capsaicinoid compounds found in chilies.  There are over 20 different capsaicinoid compounds in most chiles.  The different capsaicinoids react differently in the mouth and body causing the mouth burn and the body endorphin rush.  Different chiles have different amounts of these different compounds, which is why some chiles will hit hard and fast in the mouth, others will hit the gut.

All these different capsaicinoids have been erroneously lumped together under the general heading of 'capsaicin' because that one capsaicinoid is the most prominent in most chiles. 

Hope this explains a little why some people react the way they do to certain chiles.
SL

edit for errounoeus spelling of erroneously.  :lol:

salsalady said:
"Capsaicin" is one of many capsaicinoid compounds found in chilies.  There are over 20 different capsaicinoid compounds in most chiles.  The different capsaicinoids react differently in the mouth and body causing the mouth burn and the body endorphin rush.  Different chiles have different amounts of these different compounds, which is why some chiles will hit hard and fast in the mouth, others will hit the gut.

All these different capsaicinoids have been errounoeusly lumped together under the general heading of 'capsaicin' because that one capsaicinoid is the most prominent in most chiles. 

Hope this explains a little why some people react the way they do to certain chiles.
SL
Thanks yeah its going away now lol, and that make sense i didn't know there was different kinds of capsaicinoids that act differently! Being new to eating super hots i was slightly concerned with not the pain itself but the way it was dragging on for days so the flag went up in my head, i understand now!

Someone told me that eating the peppers the way ive been, the capsaicin cramps can last from a few days to a few weeks depending on the persons stomach!

Back