• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

M061 - Gluten-Free Cinder Ranch spicy sandwich dressing/spread

M061 - Gluten-Free Cinder Ranch spicy sandwich dressing/spread

For a spicy, kicked up version of the run-of-the-mill buffalo ranch or off-the-shelf ranch dressing for your sandwiches, as a dipping sauce or even on your salad... you'll need the following ingredients:

• 1/2 (4 oz) cup buttermilk*
  • 1/2 (4 oz) cup sour cream (do not use fat-free, as it is often not gluten-free)
  • 1/2 (4 oz) cup mayonnaise**
  • 3 oz Sam & Oliver's Cinder Habanero Hot Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Italian Parsley (chopped very fine)
  • 2 Tsp Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tsp fresh chives (chopped fine)
  • 1 Tsp (1 sprig) fresh dill (chopped fine)
  • 1 Fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 Tsp McCormick onion powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
  • 1/8 Tsp cracked or fine white pepper

*  (ensure no modified food-starch added)
** I personally make my own mayo... 6 ingredients and extremely simple, and gluten-free  see recipe below

In a cool metal bowl, combine together all the buttermilk, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Toss in chopped parsley, chives,  fresh dill, mustard, onion powder, salt, and white pepper.   Using a balloon whisk, whisk in lemon juice and Cinder Habanero Hot Sauce. Transfer to a covered bowl and refrigerate between 45 minutes and an hour prior to serving.

Yields about 12 ounces of dressing.

Gluten-Free Mayonnaise:

So easy, even your kids can do it:

• 1 Large Egg
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 1/2 Tsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 1 Cup Sunflower Oil
  • Pinch Kosher Salt & Cracked White Pepper
In a blender, place egg, egg yolk, spices and Dijon mustard.  VERY SLOWLY pour the oil in while the blender is running, a very thin stream/drizzle is all that is required.  Do not pour too fast or the mixture will separate.  

Yields about 12 ounces of Mayo

Attachments

• sauce.png
    sauce.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
Some of the ingredients contain gluten if you don't buy specific types... hence why I labeled ingredients with brands that are known gluten-free.  IE: Buttermilk can have food-starch additives, and "light" sour cream is often worse for you than the full fat.  This recipe (and the one for the mayo) is completely gluten-free.

In your head or not is a point of personal perspective.  My recipe is completely gluten-free for people who want just that; a tasty, spicy gluten-free dip/sandwich spread/dressing... home made and better for you than pre-packaged, artificial stuff found on the store shelves.

As someone with a spouse who is Celiac, I don't mind seeing anything labeled gluten-free, even if it is something that commonly would not contain it.  At the grocery store it makes what is always a somewhat long experience of checking labels a little shorter. That makes me a happy guy.  You are absolutely right about the hidden gluten, for someone with an insensitivity it may not be a big deal but to someone with Celiac it certainly is.  The recipe looks great, I marked it so we can try it soon, thanks for sharing!  ;)

Back