• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Where's The's Smoke, There's Tapas... Throwdown

Who made the best?

• keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/47949-begin-where-theres-smoke-theres-tapas-thr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cypresshill1973 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/47949-begin-where-theres-smoke-theres-tap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Okay guys time to vote for who made the best Q... and turned that Q into tapas!

Please consider the skill and execution of the barbecue itself, the creativity of the tapas that was made from the barbecue, as well as the creativity of the entree, if they presented the barbecue as an entree instead of competition style.

I fixed up everyone's posts. This was supposed to look like a before and after. What tapas you create from barbecue, one for one, and each considered for voting. There was a loose interpretation of the rules, but all entries are valid. You will see some made one tapas for each different protein entered, and some made only one protein, but multiple tapas entries from that protein (3 max). It's all in how the "3 max" rule was interpreted for BBQ and Tapas. And if your BBQ pics weren't in your final pics, I moved them for you. No pic limitations were violated. I also labeled everyone's BBQ and Tapas sections so you can see the transformation. All is good!

All of the entries are slammin'! Really impressed here.

Oh man muchas gracias Dano for cleaning up my mess.

Looks waaaay bettern' I had initially posted.

The computer was bobbin' and weavin' like Joe Frazier when I posted last night.

And Chico was here last night too.

He also likes to smoke stuff.

As a viewer I was a little confused by the rules. I suspect however, when not drunk or baked they are very easy to understand. ;)
JHP and SL are so close to perfection, I cant vote for one or the other so I will flip a coin. JHP will get heads and SL tails. Heads it is, JHP gets my vote. sorry SL, I wish there was two trophies cause that steelhead tapas was off the charts.

hogleg said:
As a viewer I was a little confused by the rules. I suspect however, when not drunk or baked they are very easy to understand. ;)
JHP and SL are so close to perfection, I cant vote for one or the other so I will flip a coin. JHP will get heads and SL tails. Heads it is, JHP gets my vote. sorry SL, I wish there was two trophies cause that steelhead tapas was off the charts.

I thought it was mandatory at throw downs to be at least piss drunk when posting.

But I went far beyond the call of duty.

I was certified Scovie Drunk.

texas blues said:

I thought it was mandatory at throw downs to be at least piss drunk when posting.

But I went far beyond the call of duty.

I was certified Scovie Drunk.
I am finally sober! What a 3 day weekend...

Chris your entries were awesometown!

It comes down to you, Fitty, and SL.

That steelhead was lookin' killer and of course I love that sheeit!

And Fitty's balls, empy's, and tostosterone's! 

GTFO!

Its righteous!

texas blues said:
Chris your entries were awesometown!

It comes down to you, Fitty, and SL.

That steelhead was lookin' killer and of course I love that sheeit!

And Fitty's balls, empy's, and tostosterone's! 

GTFO!

Its righteous!
Thank you sir, that is good stuff coming from a Texan!

They all look frickin awesome and tasty to me but I have to admit Joyner's surf and turf just looks ridiculous , I can almost taste it just by looking at it through the monitor, great job you got my vote...

this is a really tough one so much good looking eat's. Joyners and Booma wicked nice Q, tamales were freaking sweet, man gravy on quail! wow.  smoked salmon yum. beautiful meat from Argentina I could go on and on. Not one thing in this TD that I wouldn't enjoy.  Only thing to do is get drunk and vote  :beer:

I liked a little of everything from everyone.  This would make a helluva tapas menu!  In the end though, Joyner's stole my heart.  The TB was a close second with the man gravy and the queso!  First time for quail to make an appearance if I remember correctly.  After seeing all this salmon I have a serious craving too!  Well done all.

Smoked beer butt chicken tamales with homemade pasillo sauce, and smoked chicken in the sauce?!

'nuf said.

I like the cigar shaped tapas size too. To me, it's tapas, where a fat one may not be. Nicely done.

For the first time making tamales you killed it! Call me next time, bro!

Thanks Pookie. I was talking to a guy at work today about it, and he said his mom makes tamale balls as appetizers to bring to parties. Those would have been perfect for this TD. Now I know what to do with all of that Cacique chorizo I have in the freezer.

BTW... SL had to get my vote. Those salmon bread bites looked amazing... but then, so did everything else. Once again, GREAT TD BY ALL!

Buzz, BBQ and tamales just go together to me, the masa is like corn bread, so the smoked chicken just fits... and you sauced it up guud. The sandwich is nice but may not get the votes, a platter of the pulled beer chicken may have set it off. It's still early. :)

But that's what I'd order at a joint. And a lot of other stuff here too! That's the beauty of tapas. Bring me 10 plates!

Thanks for the votes!

I had 3 tapas planned but was told 1-for-1, Oh well!  Less work for me and less mess to clean up!  :lol:  We just had some leftovers for dinner.  MMMmmmmm.

There's some really creative entries and freakin' awesome Q's!!!  I haven't even seen all the final posts.  Time to re-wine and check 'em all out~

I had to go with Buzz's tamale, too. The sammie might have done more for me if there was a pic of it sliced open. It sounded good from the recipe, though. 

As noted by others, there was at least a little something about each that I'd love to pull together into a tapas meal. FD, the tostones definitely had my eye - it was a coin toss between those and the tamale for me. Key, I have never seen anyone smoke eggs before, and was quite intrigued. The thing that would have pushed that higher for me was if you had done something with the yolks, to make them more like a deviled egg. I'm not saying you should have made deviled eggs, just done something more than cut the eggs in half and put stuff on top for my vote. I did want a bite of that chicken leg!

Well done by all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back