• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Off the wall?.... Buffalo Wild Wings? Mango Habanero.......

Anyone know what strand of habanero is used in the mango habanero sauce? It seems a little on the hot side to be habaneros.....

Every time I go to BW3 I ask them to mix the mango hab sauce and the blazin' (or whatever) on my wings. Good mango-hab flavor with a little more savory heat and sourness. I bet blazin' and jerk would be good. Their sauces are OK, but they're soooooo mild. (And overpriced. It's just a "once-in-a-while-since-I-happen-to-be-right-next-door-at-Menards-buying-catfood-and-tomatotone" kind of a thing.)

muskymojo said:
I'm guessing just regular orange habs. Have you ever ate a raw orange habanero? I find most of them way hotter than that sauce.

I must admit I really like that sauce. It's too bad it's mostly high fructose corn syrup. It's also too bad the wings are tiny and way overpriced.
+1 to everything you said

I love those wings.  Personally, the boneless variety in the Mango Hab sauce are the best ones they have, as anyhting higher up on the heat scale loses a little something in flavour.

Well at Bdubs as my friends and I call. We used to get the Mango Hab boneless wings and they were ok. The sauce is very commercialized for certain.

However!! If you use they Caribbean jerk sauce on a ham and cheese sandwich. It will change your outlook on life and be shortly followed by a nap.

I was looking up ways to make this, actually.  Once my Habaneros come in this fall I'll give it a shot and make a thread about it.

Never had it but a good mango hab sauce shouldn't be hard to make.

Cane Vinegar
Orange Habs
Mangoes
Onion (if you want a touch of savory for balance)
Lemon juice
Salt

The Hot Pepper said:
Never had it but a good mango hab sauce shouldn't be hard to make.

Cane Vinegar
Orange Habs
Mangoes
Onion (if you want a touch of savory for balance)
Lemon juice
Salt
I don't know if pureeing and then reducing store-bought Mangoes would be good enough to get the flavour I'm looking for, especially if I'm buying them in Winnipeg (notorious for mediocre mangoes, imo).  I might just get some Mango juice and boil it down or something.  

I'd use fresh, or even frozen. The mango pulp you buy usually has other stuff in it. Some have preservatives, some have HFCS, some don't have bad stuff, but they have other juices like apple or pear. There's bags of frozen slices that are pretty good.

Buffalo Wild wings in Bloomington IL has these.

m5Saujgh.jpg

Friend sent me that pic today.... think I might run over there this weekend and give them a shot.

Thats funny i stopped by there today and tried some, but i must say the heat wasnt like those mango habanero ones.... It has a little more of a "bite" but the heat didn't seem to linger like the hab one....

Back