misc Business Cards, any recommended vendors?

Business cards!

Is it simply a matter of who's the cheapest?  Or is there a better vendor out there with a quality product?  I'd like to get some business cards, and have just begun to look around.  Was curious if anyone had any recommendations for me to bring business to instead...

VistaPrint is good site to get business cards. Lots of options, and the price is right :)

Kalitarios said:
moo.com looks nice, some quality stuff there... but yikes... a bit expensive... like some of the concepts though.
Most important thing you will every hear, you only get to make one impression! I went with Vista for peppers but for photography I have an idea brewing that will be mooing!

I like the mini-card idea, especially when handing out samples or to throw in a carton that someone orders.  I like the idea that I don't have to bend or fold a business card, and the quality looks (at least on screen) amazing

Kalitarios said:
I like the mini-card idea, especially when handing out samples or to throw in a carton that someone orders.  I like the idea that I don't have to bend or fold a business card, and the quality looks (at least on screen) amazing
You could do the vista print cards at home if you had a laser printer. Since I did not and the price they charge, it made using them easy. They do an awesome job on labels as well. 

vista print is great
here is one I made
10478195_10203425780499761_5570606081431872794_n.jpg

Vista print did fine for our electrical cards. 

They were a bit fussy trying to upload my design from Adobe Illustrator.  Ended up not perfect, but close enough no one would notice the slightly off-center design.  I couldn't figure out how to scale or move the design.  Ended up uploading the design, getting it as close as I could then click "Show preview"  to see what the card would look like.  Delete the design, go back to AI and make changes, start a new card, upload the design, Preview, delete.....after about 10x of that, it was close enough.... Print!

Didn't seem to be very user-friendly for editing.  But, hey, for the price, you ain't gonna get AI or Corel!

Oh, and I also did some biz-card size magnets with Vista.  Again,,,they're not perfect, but good enough for a promo item at that price. 

Did you use the business card template? If so it is quite easy since it has guides that can be turned on and off. The weight of the stock compared to a REAL BC place is not comparable but in the end I agree cost drove me to Vista :)

I can't remember what all I did.  It seems like I tried to upload the logo from my computer and add text (contact info etc) from the template,  but the logo would load to the center, couldn't move it easily, or once it was moved the first time, it wouldn't move again.... :crazy:  So I put the contact info with the AI logo, but then it was too small, .....I don't remember exactly what the issues were, I just remember uploading and deleting it and starting over many times.  Oh well, like I said...for the price....

Hmmmm, I was trying to use the template on their website.  Didn't download it to work with it.  That's prolly the difference.  Trying to work on their website sucked. 

salsalady said:
Hmmmm, I was trying to use the template on their website.  Didn't download it to work with it.  That's prolly the difference.  Trying to work on their website sucked. 
I agree, you can download it and it makes working with it very simple. You then turn off the guidelines upload it back to their site and it is exactly how you designed it. 

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/propath/UploadResources.aspx?selectedTab=0?pfid=B73&pf_id=B73&xnav=easypath-upload-image#Templates

Thanks, Joyner's.  Appreciate the info.  Might try them again when it's time for another card or promo item.

I got a groupon for $17 that gave me like $65 credit on VP, got my Girlfriend some business cards, labels, fabric bag/pot I like the quality, I will make an investment some year though so I can make them at home. but for now, VP is pretty good and you can do custom designs, whatever you feel like really.

Back