• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dalle khursani

Ye im definitely going to try. Picking up seeds and dry pods on saturday. Probably going to taste one so thought it would be good to know what im in for before doing it :)

Guess its a lucky packet.

I've got nepalese seeds from HwyBill in the past season, see this thread:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/35793-forey-into-south-asian-chiles/

he kindly explained me more in depth the various types:

The Indian variety is the common chile used in cooking and found in the local markets where I was living/working in Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh.

The Nepali varieties are from fruit I collected while trekking in the local mountainous communities surrounding the Kathmandu Valley. Despite being told their local names, I can't positively identify them better than just saying Nepal I was hot (similar in piquance to a Serrano), Nepal II was hottter (similar to a Cayenne), and Nepal III was the hottest (similar to a Scotch Bonnet). They all seemed to have more of a savory flavor, as opposed to a strong fruity taste like a Habenero or Bhut Jolokia. Nepal IV seemed to be more of an ornamental variety, with no particularly detectable level of heat and more of a fruity flavor.

I'm pretty sure the "Nepal III" seeds are the same as Dalle Khursani or very close, as you can read the heat level is similar to Scotch Bonnet.

I've tried to grow some seeds but the germination rates were so so and the plants very sensible (they're probably very adapted to Nepal climate and the summer down here was too hot to handle).
The only one that grew decently was Nepal I but gave me pods different from the original:

A small and fuzzy plant, probably hybridized.

Good luck with your grow

Datil

Currently I have seeds for: Aji verde (Peru), Charapita (Peru), Sanam (India) and Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture Scotch bonnet (yellow), are any of these of interest to you? PM me.

Back