• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What pods would you like to see in Mixed SFRB?

I'm sure will help out everyone who wants to sell them, if they could know exactly what some of you guys are looking for...

What varieties do you want??!

Crosses, different colors, all one heat level or mixed, etc etc?

I'd like pods from mild to super hot in varying colors and shapes.  Something like a Noah's Arc-like 2 trinidad perfumes, 2 jalas, 2 anaheims, 2 big jims, 2 habaneros, 2 aji lemons, 2 cayenne, 2 thai finger hots, 2 trinidad scorpions and 2 seven pots or douglahs or devils tongues or reapers or whatever would be close to ideal - a box like that appeals to all comers, and illustrates the wide variety of taste and heat that peppers bring.  You can share a box like that with family and friends ya know?

A box fulla supers I ordered last year took most of my face off with the first pod I ate, so about half of them ended up mixed into ferments in teeny amounts and the rest were dehydrated and powdered for blends.  I won't order a box like that again because I love flavor with my fire, not just weaponized capsaicin.  Not many growers are doing a wide variety of peppers like that in an SFRB probably because they don't have the space to put up that many peppers I'd imagine, and I'm sure there are enough lava lovers that a box of supers is all they want.  Hard to appeal to everybody OKG - I wish you luck!

To be exact

Reapers, sb7j, moa, aji pineapple, rocoto, yellow and red brains, brown moruga ,maybe even a yaki blue, Jamaican hot chocolate Habs.

Great taste and heat

SmokenFire said:
I'd like pods from mild to super hot in varying colors and shapes.  Something like a Noah's Arc-like 2 trinidad perfumes, 2 jalas, 2 anaheims, 2 big jims, 2 habaneros, 2 aji lemons, 2 cayenne, 2 thai finger hots, 2 trinidad scorpions and 2 seven pots or douglahs or devils tongues or reapers or whatever would be close to ideal - a box like that appeals to all comers, and illustrates the wide variety of taste and heat that peppers bring.  You can share a box like that with family and friends ya know?

I agree with Smoke on this one.

hogleg said:
I would like to see mix boxes of baccatums

This would also be cool.

You could also go in another direction and do samplers by geographical region. I don't know how diverse/large your growlist is and I can't speak for others on THP, but personally, I'd be intrigued by that kind of thing, especially if the pods were something you don't see every day.
Or you could just do SFRBs of Chocolate Reapers.

Yes, I'm kidding.

SmokenFire said:
I'd like pods from mild to super hot in varying colors and shapes.  

hogleg said:
I would like to see mix boxes of baccatums
These would be great options. Judy's mixed pepper box last year had a good mix of heat levels in it or at least the one I received did.

I'd like to see a box of mild to super hot with a large portion being in the middle. And including some interesting wilds like Cumari do Para and also some Baccatums.

For supers I like the idea of a one of each mixer for sampling and seeds or a two-typer to make a couple concoctions.

Would jump on boxes of baccatums or pubes.

A few wilds to sample in any box would be sweet...but it seems like pod size would become an issue quickly because they mostly seem to be pretty small.

Milds and mediums I'd prefer on or two types to a box because I'll likely want to use more than a couple in what I'm cooking up.

The varieties so far (the past couple/few years anyways),here have been just fine by me. No doubt though, it'd be nice seeing some new varieties etc mixed in. Of course, I feel like they already are being mixed in. I just remember that there are only so many growers out there planting enough plants, enough varieties etc to make us all happy...
However, the thing I like most is receiving more than 1 of each type. I like being able to use one for simply taste testing (& heat testing of course) while having a second or 3rd to save seeds from, dry out, use in a dish, share with a friend etc...

The kind of Chile box I would want wouldn't fit in an SFRB, or even a LFRB it would be a FHFRB w one of every variety known to man ;)
PS FHFRB is for F' ing huge, pardon my French!
But all jokes aside, variety is the spice of life,but sometimes you just want a box of MoA scotch bonnets to try out a new fermented sauce with, I'm just saying.

Back