wanted Looking for Manzano Seeds

Can anybody recommend a good place to get manzano seeds from?  I currently am growing orange and would like to get a hold of some red and yellow to grow out.  I looked at a few vendor pages, but was having trouble tracking them down.

Thanks in advance!

Pr0digal_son said:
Rocoto and Manzano are names issued by region. They are both pubescens. Some are bigger,more prolific,hotter,etc.

So, are Rocoto and Manzano the same pepper then? Just with different names?

C
Verivus said:
I've read multiple posts about this on here and a lot of people say they are similar, but 2 different peppers.

I've frown both yellow rocoto and yellow manzano, and the rocotos seem to be smaller and more pungent, w many other similar characteristics, juicy, citrusy, e.g.

Huh, interesting. It seems we have some differing opinions. I'm currently trying to germinate rocotos right now. Guess I'll have to try and get my hands on some manzanos to compare.

Verivus said:

They are the same species, grown in different countries. Just like a Red Habanero and an Orange Habanero are the same species, but different peppers. 

Capsicum pubescens is found from Mexico down through almost all of South America and even in the highlands on the Island of Java in Indonesia. There are hundreds of different peppers, but only one species, the vast majority of which are Landraces. That means peppers that have been stabilized and grown for a long time in the areas of origin. 

In Mexico they are Manzanos, In Peru and northern Bolivia they are Rocotos and in southern Bolivia they are Locotos. In the in-between countries it varies. This is regardless of colour.

There are Red Manzanos from Mexico, but they are not easy to find and I do not know of anyone selling the seeds. I`m growing one this year, but no flowers yet.

Hm. So then do they taste slightly different if they've adapted to their own region? I can't imagine each growing region in each country is exactly the same, or maybe it is and I'm a noob, lol.

Yes they each taste different some totally and others very close to the same. They are the same species not variety like i said earlier comparing them to two annuums like bell pepper and jalapeno.

Verivus said:
Hm. So then do they taste slightly different if they've adapted to their own region? I can't imagine each growing region in each country is exactly the same, or maybe it is and I'm a noob, lol.
It`s like comparing a Habanero with a Trinidad Scorpion. They are both C.chinense, but very different shape, heat and flavour. 

Back