• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help with a random pepper

This is the first year I've grown peppers. I have cayenne, jalapeño and habanero plants and one I cannot identify. 

bOPjUFa.jpg

WMq7Csy.jpg

Almost looks like a tabasco or Thai. The flowers point down, and then the pepper stands up straight, right? They actually look a little larger than tabascos

Thai Hots will be more clustered together and not spread out....and also those look a little larger for a Thai Hot....and chubby.
Imagine cupping your hand upward, fingers(yeah, thumb too  ;) ) pointing upward and slightly spread ... that represents a cluster of Thai's.

gallery_7191_98_41704.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
gallery_7191_117_125122.jpg

I may have to nix the Tabassco potential too. It's hard to judge by the image but some appear already over 2" and you won't find a true Tabassco growing to that length...normally 1" to 1.25" in length.(grown these the last couple of years) and also missing the slendering taper that a Tabassco has.

gallery_7191_98_58029.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. The longest chilli is less than 1.5'' long.The whole plant is significantly smaller ( approx 8" tall) than any of the others I have growing. Not sure if that's important as they are all different varieties. 

Back