• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Louisiana Hot Sauce 6 Pack - Hot Spot Center

The other day it was USA day on www.groceryrun.com.au so we bought the Louisiana 6 pack Hot Spot Center which had the following sauces in it ... Jalepeno, Roasted Garlic, Chipotle, Red Pepper, Roasted Pepper and Habanero.

I have always liked Tobasco ... In fact I love it ... I drink it ... It goes on ice-cream ... it is all-round awesome ...

But these sauces are something completely different ... is this something that is the same across all 'louisiana' style sauces ... or is it this particular company ... 3 of them were pretty good ... 3 of them were absolutely feral ... 

If you want to watch our reactions watch our review video - http://youtu.be/U0cfWe-rGCU

But what I am really interested in is what you people think of them ... have you tried them? did we get a bad batch? is this just how they are???

Sloshworks

Louisiana sauces are pretty good for flavor, but their assortments aren't that good, as you found out. I like Tabasco brand's assortments better. The habanero and jalapeno sauces are fantastic. But yeah, they're all pretty much the same.... Louisiana brand, Crystal brand.... Tabasco is a bit thinner and less salty than those, but it's better than those on raw oysters on the halfshell with some fresh lemon, salt, and horseradish. Trappey's makes a pretty good hot sauce and pepper vinegar, also. You might want to hunt some of that down.

All of these Louisiana based sauces are readily available at almost any restaurant table down here. Mostly the regular red pepper sauces.

I haven't tried those types but I do like the regular.  I find I like Tabasco pre cooking and Louisiana Sauce post cooking, except for oysters.

Bruce Foods owns a few different brands. Louisiana is their mass produced hotsauce brand, but they also produce Louisiana Gold that's better than Tabasco in my opinion. I prefer Panola to Crystal and Louisiana, and I'd highly recommend checking them out if you get the chance.

sudostahp said:
Bruce Foods owns a few different brands. Louisiana is their mass produced hotsauce brand, but they also produce Louisiana Gold that's better than Tabasco in my opinion. I prefer Panola to Crystal and Louisiana, and I'd highly recommend checking them out if you get the chance.
You are the fourth or fifth person to mention Louisiana Gold - I have never seen that around ... must try and get my hands on some ..

Back