• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fox Farm user's sound off..

Ok guys a number of us use the same nutes found out a number of us use Fox Farm products. I am using Big Bloom and Big Grow as well as Kangaroots. Mixed at half strength for a few more weeks. Next pot up I will use Ocean forest and Happy Frog with Pearllite added. 

Whats your regiment?

Pros And Cons

I use FF as I have a bunch left over from when I used to grow.....other stuff.....

Im almost all in a raised bed and don't add nutes much. Ive only fertilized twice this season. None last season. I end up adding about 50% fresh soil to my bed in the spring then soil test it.

If Im using FF now I just try to look at the line and see where Im at in growth.

I think I just did the first week of open sesame based on the feeding schedule.

The stuff is absolutely geared towards another crop... and works awesome for it   :)

Yea my bro says FF is ummmm really hot. I said F it. mixed it half strength. I can always cut it in half again as my plants might not need water tell tomorrow.

I use to, but since have found cheaper ways to get the same results if not better. I do still rely on Light Warrior for seedlings. Although expensive, I have not found anything better for that yet, but I'm always looking. 

I use the FF Ocean Forest in my potted plants and also add a small amount to my raised bed. My potted plants are huge compared to the ones in raised bed....

I fertilize with HappyFrog bat guano when plant is flowered heavy...
And use espoma organic as needed. Also add a small amount of crab meal to help breakdown any hardshell bugs....
I took seedlings and potted into styrofoam cups with straight FFOF and never had any problems. Then transplanted into 4 gal pots after 6 sets of True leaves.....

I dont think I will go by there guide. I will add half strength. maybe full on older plants based on leaf color. I might do the kangaroots and Microb brew more then any of them just based on using it as a dunk at the first transplant. I am hoping to pick up on a how to look at the plant and see what it needs eye. Its like right now I am letting my plants get dry dry before I water.

I use it on my peppers.. its the best thing ever lol.  FFOF.  i wrote a thread about it not too long ago.  It does run hot. 

KevinH said:
I dont think I will go by there guide. I will add half strength. maybe full on older plants based on leaf color. I might do the kangaroots and Microb brew more then any of them just based on using it as a dunk at the first transplant. I am hoping to pick up on a how to look at the plant and see what it needs eye. Its like right now I am letting my plants get dry dry before I water.

You don't need to buy it. Its online. Just search fox farms feeding schedule. Its one sheet

I do use Big Bloom and KangaRoots along with Microbe Brew if I don't feel like brewing an AACT. I personally think that that their products are awesome.  I used to use OF as well but have moved and it's now not available locally to me.   

I sprout seeds in straight ocean forest, then pot up a couple of times as needed (over the course of 3-4 months) into ocean forest, After 3-4 months, the plants go in the ground. At planting they get FF bone meal, which I have found to be better than espoma because FF is ground into a fine powder and probably breaks down faster. And after a week or 2 in the ground they get one feeding of Jacks professional 20-20-20 at full strength. Normally I do not use chemicals, but this stuff produced amazing results. I will say I used it on transplants that were already about a foot tall, I am sure it could fry smaller plants. 

Well, according to the feeding schedule, it's 3-4 weeks of "Open Sesame", then a couple weeks of Beastie Blooms, and then using Cha-Ching until you harvest... I'm gonna buy some this weekend from Amazon, and see how well they work on my TS Morugas after they get their compost tea :)

If I ask nice would you do 1 plant with out as a control.

elcap1999 said:
Well, according to the feeding schedule, it's 3-4 weeks of "Open Sesame", then a couple weeks of Beastie Blooms, and then using Cha-Ching until you harvest... I'm gonna buy some this weekend from Amazon, and see how well they work on my TS Morugas after they get their compost tea :)

Happy frog user here. Good stuff only problem soil kind turns into a brick after couple months and become hydroponic. Seams soils with lot of peat moss do that.

Been wanting to try ff big bloom after reading it`s organic any truth?

Back