• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Cherry Bomb Salsa?

My Cherry Bombs are turning red, so, I'm wondering what to do with them. I've already considered pickling some, and I've seen where some people stuff them with prosciutto, or cheese, and cover them with olive oil...hmm. Any ideas on a salsa, maybe with a fruit/mango? Just trying to come up with something that would be fresh, using them straight off the plant.

No, I'd halve and roast them (in a pinch) slightly, stuff them with goat cheese and then throw under the broiler to slightly toast the top of the cheese, then commence to poppin'. The long drawn-out version would involve a month, some sugary brine and some kind of fresh sweetish/savory herb like oregano, tarragon or a l'il rosemary.

Thanks. I hope someone will hav e some ideas for a salsa. These peppers are so sweet, that I think some type of fruit-based salsa might work with these Cherry Bombs.

lots of different stuffings for them. Prosciutto and provolone to a bread crumb anchovy. They can all be stuffed with cheese and grilled. I love them pickled whole but I also pickle them in slices for sandwiches. They are also good in pepper relishes. Ive never tried them in salsa probably would work well

LUCKYDOG said:
lots of different stuffings for them. Prosciutto and provolone to a bread crumb anchovy. They can all be stuffed with cheese and grilled. I love them pickled whole but I also pickle them in slices for sandwiches. They are also good in pepper relishes. Ive never tried them in salsa probably would work well
Do you cut slits in the peppers?

I pulled a nice red one from my plant today. It was sweet, with not a speck of heat. Pulled it too soon?

I cut the top off, gut them with a potato peeler, stuff them with what everybody has said here, put them top up in an aluminum foil tray I roll up, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and put them in the grill or the coals a wood fire. Delicious!

jakester said:
I cut the top off, gut them with a potato peeler, stuff them with what everybody has said here, put them top up in an aluminum foil tray I roll up, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and put them in the grill or the coals a wood fire. Delicious!
I'm on it. The one I pulled yesterday had no heat at all. Weird.

Roguejim, If you're still looking for something to do with those Cherry Bombs, how about a Green apple/Cherry Bomb salsa?

They are great for brie poppers but for something cool, on the side, the salsa is awesome. Simple too. Let me know if I should post the recipe.

Oh the combination of green apple and hot peppers is wonderful. There are actually many recipes on the web for green apple salsa. Very simple, you could tweak it to your tastes. All the usual suspects in here.

2 large white onions
2 large green apples (sour)
Cherry Bombs and or Jalapenos (I use about 4 large of each but whatever you like)
2-4 large cloves of garlic (American or Canadian preferably)
Cilantro 1 cup finely chopped
Parsley 1 cup finely chopped
Turmeric 1 tablespoon
Lime juice 3-4 tblsp 
Salt, pepper to taste

I use a manual food processor to chop everything, perfect consistency.

10568978_10152214085840723_566597803242834312_n.jpg

I cut the stem out and remove the seeds and freeze them whole.  Then when I have a good stuffing material, I will stuff as many as I need.  This way I am not stuck with 4 gallons of Italian stuffed pepeprs.

My buddy makes a mean ass tasty roasted garlic and cherry pepper sauce. Outstanding with a low/medium heat. I practically drink it straight up.

My cherry bombs are ready too. I think i may just have to mimic my buds sauce and the goat cheese stuffed peps

Valleyman said:
My buddy makes a mean ass tasty roasted garlic and cherry pepper sauce. Outstanding with a low/medium heat. I practically drink it straight up.

My cherry bombs are ready too. I think i may just have to mimic my buds sauce and the goat cheese stuffed peps
Are those the only 2 ingredients, garlic and peppers?  What's the process?

Back