• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Think I might have over done it?

So I've been lurking around this forum for quite a long time, finally decided to create an account and say hi to everyone on here. And thanks for all the advice I've read given to other people, I figure not many questions havent been answered you just have to search for them. But, what really got me thinking about creating an account was talking with the girlfriend today she said "you know casey, you might have over done it this time....and we begin a new addiction..." That got me thinking, I'm not sure you can over do it growing some hots do you?

here's some pics of the current garden

Thought I would share. So far considering this is my first year really trying to grow anything (other than growing older), I wasnt quite sure what would grow well in the Sacramento area of California, apparently the answer is EVERYTHING. I just wish I would of took the time to label whats what. I know there's some yellow/red fatali's, chocolate/red/yellow bhut jolokia's, red/yellow moruga's, Brain strain, chocolate habenero's, jalapeno's, white lightening habenero's (really interested in seeing those to be honest), few scotch bonnets, thai chili's, devil's tongue, orange habenero's just to name some of them. I started everything from seeds that I picked up off of ebay so realistically who knows what I really got haha!

You can over-do it. ;)    But the thing is "over-doing it" involves either growing so many plants that you cannot take care of all of them.... or growing so many plants so well that you have more peppers than you could possibly eat.... In which case you can give them away, sell them, make them into powders, sauces... etc for long term storage. :party:

Welcome to THP from Miami, home of Wicked Mike's 7 Pot Toothpaste!

I did the same thing; I lurked forever before I actually joined. Made a huge difference. These are some of the coolest people I've ever met, and generous beyond belief. Speaking of which, I'm happy to share seeds if you need anything. Just don't tell your girlfriend you got them from me. :scared:

To answer your initial question, if things go as planned, I'm going to try to do something like three or four thousand plants this year, at least a third of them chiles. If you're loving what you're doing, man, there's no such thing as overdoing it.

jubjubrsx said:
I started everything from seeds that I picked up off of ebay so realistically who knows what I really got haha!

That's one hell of a start you got there! I hope they all grow true for you, but yep.... it's probably good that you didn't label them. Many surprises to come!

And welcome to the forum!

Alright. Take a step back and check out some of the Glogs, like Devv, and PIC1. You are small time, by comparison. So am I. If you don't let your peppers go to waste, then, you haven't over done it. If you have the room, grow it!

Back