• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

1st Peppers of the year....Padron fried....Holy Moly!

I picked my first pods of the year here in metro Detroit. This plant is a pot grown Padron pepper from seeds I received on this fabulous site...my apologies. I didn't log from who (rookie mistake. won't happen again). 

This is the best looking plant I have as of yet, and I started to see pods a couple of weeks ago. I used the google to see that these lucky guys are easy to make into awesome!

All I had to do was grab a few pods (not enough) and throw them in some hot oil.....sea salt after about 5 minutes, and voila! Instant awesome!

I can't say enough about how tasty these guys are....I wish I had picked more. I never knew it to be this easy. Now, granted, they're not super hot (my GF can probably dig these). But oh so tasty! I would recommend anyone to grow these....and make sure you pick at least twenty when you cook 'em.

This is my first successful year with Padrons (last year I didn't get many pods, but this year one plant is producing well). I've learned to pick them when they're about 1 inch long to make sure they're not hot. Then, into a small skillet with a little EVOO. finish up with sea salt. Can't believe how popular they are with my wife.

These are one of our favourite peppers, they go rather nicely stuffed with cheese, then blistered on hot oil with some rock salt. But yeah, like Luckydog said, there's some hot ones every now and again, adds a bit of fun to dinner ... just don't give 'em to Grandma.

We tend to use a nice Brie, something gooey. Spanish Manchego might have too high of a melting point for the quick fry approach, but could work if you bake it. Depends if you want the peppers to have a bit of crunch to them.

Back