• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

The fastest way to peel a mango

Nice trick! I'll be using it tomorrow when I make Poblano Mango Quesadillas, which is an easy thing to make.

GRILLED POBLANO PEPPER AND MANGO QUESADILLAS

Depending on the peppers these quesadillas can be mild and fruity or spicy hot. Makes 6 servings.

1 mango - peeled and diced
1 fresh poblano pepper, seeded and minced
16 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat grill for medium heat.

Spread a tortilla with a thin layer of cream cheese,
using about 2 tablespoons cream cheese. Sprinkle mango and
poblano peppers over cheese, and press another tortilla on
top. Repeat with remaining mango, pepper, cream cheese, and
tortillas. Brush butter over the outside of each quesadilla, top
and bottom.

Grill quesadillas over medium heat for about 5 minutes
each side, or until golden brown. Remove from grill, and
slice into wedges. Serve warm.

NOTES
I sautéed the poblanos in butter to soften them.
You can add chopped green chilis

Chilli Geeks, I'm pleased to see you can get mangoes in the UK. They weren't available in the UK when I left to come to the US in 1969. First stop Miami, and that's where I fell in love with mangoes!

Lol you guys remind me of the Professional Russian.  Shotgun with some Dragon's Breath would peel and make nice fire roasted mango! (Dragon's Breath at 4m22s)

http://youtu.be/RP4FjODPDFA

Damn that sounds a good recipe!

Yeah they're all over the place now, one of our favourite fruits. We've been tempted to live in the US quite a few times purely because of the hot sauce scene, but can't bring ourselves to leave sunny old England, great chilli community over here too.

geeme said:
You know, Fiddy grows mangos in his front yard. I bet he's got all sorts of ways to get them open. Creative ways...scary ways!

Yes he does.

But Bear. That guy. marks territory and urinates on selected mango trees.

I bet that shit's like radiation.

Back