• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Kato's Meaner Greener Sauce

Kato's does it again!

Katos_Meaner_Greener_Hot_Sauce.jpg

Within about 5 minutes of cracking open this bottle I had consummed almost half of it! It's that good.

A tomatilla-based sauce that has a very sweet flavor. It's hard to believe they got it this sweet without adding a sweetener. It's simply delicious. The heat is there but not over-whelming...at leasst not to me. Novices and those with a "yankee tounge" would call it hot though. This sauce is more about flavour than heat though, yet, the heat let's you know it's there.

A great sauce for damn near anything. This bottle won't be in my fridge long!

Taste 9/10 Heat 5/10

Yup, this is some good sauce! Kato's has it going on with this green sauce. I covered a fish taco with it the other night and was blessed with a taste that left me wanting more. Can't wait to cover some scrambled eggs with it. :flamethrower:

A very sweet sauce. Everybody at chili-head meeting loved it!

" Yah, Right! No heat, just sweet"
" Sweet, No Bite!!"
" Very Good!!"
" Very Sweet, Could use some heat though."
And the general voived opinions were the same. Great sauce.
I like it myself, but cannot identify the different flavors in it. I can taste the garlic and it is not overpowering. Just fantastic flavor!

Great sauce on burritos, etc.

I did not find this sauce to be all that great. It's mild and lacks the flavor a mild sauce where interesting peaks could be made.

Uncle Burtha's No. 9 is of better quality and taste.

I'm only stating my opinion and I don't want this forum to turn into a love fest of all the poster's sauces.

~thakswet

thakswet said:
I'm only stating my opinion and I don't want this forum to turn into a love fest of all the poster's sauces.

~thakswet
Just because everyone says they like it doesn't mean they're just saying it because the person is a member. I actually loved this sauce.

!

I've been thinking about the temptation to write puff pieces when folks are nice enough to send me samples. Well, I may have been a little too kind to one sauce in the past but....NO MORE MR. NICE GUY!

From now on all my reviews will be brutal! Send me crap sauce , I will say so! Understand! Feel my wrath!

That said, I really do love Kato's Meaner Greener. I've always live salsa verde and this is a damn fine example. Hell, I wouldn't have wolfed down half the bottle as soon as I opened it if I didn't like it!

Wasn't puff. I love heat, but I DO like the taste of All the Kato's Sauces. Hot or mild. I can find a use for each of them. :lol:

Back