• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not Fatalii

From Fatalii seed stock, likely a cross with something, I'm thinking Moruga but not sure, won't know until they ripen.  I'm thinking if they're yellow they're just a mutant Fatalii.

20140719_002426_zpsvlbvxqut.jpg

If it's Fatalii X Moruga I think that would be pretty sweet.

Ok I'll keep this thread updated when I have ripe pods and will get a list of people interested in seeds then :D

Like I said, it may ripen yellow and just be a mutant Fatalii, who knows?

Interesting. I'm experiencing the same phenomena with one of my yellow Fatalii's, as the plant produced a red Fatalii. And now this morning I notice a tail on one of the other unripe pods on this plant. 

Looks like it could be moruga. I'm willing to bet its a Butch T or an original Trinidad Scorpion. The pod shape looks like it COULD be Butch T.

THSC-TrinidadScorp.jpg

See how I could think that? Your pod all the way to the left looks like this pod.

I had something similar with one of my fatalii plants at the start of the season. All of the first round of pods were scorpion shaped, but all the pods after that had the classic fatalii shape. May just be odd shaped pods.

obeychase said:
Looks like it could be moruga. I'm willing to bet its a Butch T or an original Trinidad Scorpion. The pod shape looks like it COULD be Butch T.

THSC-TrinidadScorp.jpg

See how I could think that? Your pod all the way to the left looks like this pod.
It's possible, but based on the source of the seeds I'm not so sure.  The fatalii itself could give the stinger like that
MeatHead1313 said:
I had something similar with one of my fatalii plants at the start of the season. All of the first round of pods were scorpion shaped, but all the pods after that had the classic fatalii shape. May just be odd shaped pods.
oh those aren't the first pods, the first ones look like giant blobs...it seems the mutated ones in the pic are the norm for the plant.

ikeepfish said:
It's possible, but based on the source of the seeds I'm not so sure.  The fatalii itself could give the stinger like that

oh those aren't the first pods, the first ones look like giant blobs...it seems the mutated ones in the pic are the norm for the plant.

Truth. I see you're growing some nice 7 pot and bhut varieties. Would you mind trading sometime? I don't have much, but I have a decent selection I'd say. Would love to get some peach red and white bhut, and some 7 pot bubblegum or primo

ikeepfish said:
Well my uneducated guess would then be cross. Lol.

obeychase said:

Truth. I see you're growing some nice 7 pot and bhut varieties. Would you mind trading sometime? I don't have much, but I have a decent selection I'd say. Would love to get some peach red and white bhut, and some 7 pot bubblegum or primo
sure send me a PM

so, I'm officially convinced it's Fatalii X Moruga, I even added that to my grow list.  Mostly because of this single pod, which isn't typical of the plant but it's one of the newer pods on it

20140727_201053_zpsaa551f5a.jpg

Another shot next to one of the more typical pods on the plant
20140727_201232_zps39b4108e.jpg

I'm really hoping that it will retain some of the Fatalii flavor with the heat of the Moruga, it will be interesting to grow an F2 from it and get yellow pods (I'm 100% sure this plant will ripen to red...but nature is weird and I may get an orange :D)

I'm gonna keep posting periodic updates on the plant.  Some of the first pods on it will probably start ripening soon, but like I said those just look like globs.

Back